Somewhere towards the end of the page:

http://www.apollonetwork.com/main.html

Gays Marching to Jerusalem Con't Posted by: Ron
Saturday, April 2nd 2005 @ 07:49:50 AM EST

The situation in Jerusalem is religiously heating up over the planned August Gay Pride March. (See Changing Times on menu at left.) Jerusalem, contrary to all political and spiritual evidence, is considered holy by three world religions. These groups feel so strongly about the "holiness" of the city that they have actually joined together to talk, plan, and protest the coming gays. Christian evangelists from the US have joined them in their efforts.

Let's pause right here for an ironic moment. These three religious groups have never shown such solidarity over the hatred and bloodshed among their followers. Jerusalem has been the scene of bombings, rock throwing, and wars. They even built a wall to separate the combatants.

However, when the gays say they are coming to town, the religious leaders can join in harmonic unity to fight what one has called "very ugly and nasty." Apparently, bombing innocent people on buses and partying people in bars are not considered "very ugly and nasty." It's okay to kill men but not okay to accept men who love men.

Of course, the American evangelists are ever looking for a platform from which to preach their own kind of hatred for men who love men. Some are rushing to Jerusalem to preach and prattle before the television cameras.

The last time the Christians took possession of Jerusalem was the summer of 1099. It was called the First Crusade, and in a few short days, in the name of Jesus the Christians killed over 30,000 Jerusalemites -men, women, children, Jews and Arabs. There is something dark and deadly beneath the surface of people who claim holiness, even more so if these people are on a righteous crusade. Those who do not share their views are always in physical danger.

Being on their knees before their god apparently has not removed hatred and prejudices from so called holy men. Maybe they can learn something from gay people who go to their knees for an entirely different reason.

----------------------------------

I never quite understood this mutual understanding of "the pious" when it comes to gay people.

Over the years I've come to the point where I can dismiss someone's claims or arguments (even if they're not related to sexuality) only if I hear that he/she hates gay people. It has always worked perfectly. :karate: