Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twink Pic Post

xenigo
    Forget about saying you have exclusive when you only want to buy 1 set. That won't get you anywhere, and you'll only end up pissing people off. I'll lay it out for you, and tell you what your costs will be. You'll need to spend at least $30k-$100k to start out in the paysite business, and that's regardless of whether you shoot the content yourself or hire someone to shoot it for you. On top of that, you'll need money to hold you over while you continue to add content before you break even from month to month on what you're spending on content. Or else you'll lose the member base you started out with, before you even break even. This could mean that you spend an extra $30k in the process.

It's unlikely you'll get very far spending less. If you're tapped financially before you get going, my best advice is to simply stop spending until you have some serious money to invest.

Ever heard of the term "going out with a bang"? Well, this would be an example of "going out with a fizzle".

i disagree.

i know LOTS of people who started successful sites for less - but they knew what they were doing. we used to have an amateur jackoff site and we paid the amateurs between $50 and $100 for a brief interview and jackoff. we did our own shooting and editing so there were no other costs. obviously 25 videos with hi rez stills is enough to get started, so total out of pocket costs were under $2500.

i also know plenty of people who started with bought content. they simply knew what they were doing - they considered niche carefully from what was available and came up with some winning sites for around $5000 a piece.

but what you do need is knowledge. without understanding what quality and size of pics and videos are required, without going into an effective niche or knowing HOW to niche, and without having content that is highly relevant and also not grossly overexposed, you need to spend a lot more to get started and still risk total failure.

knowledge is more important than money - i worked with one guy who spent over $150,000 and went out of business and another who spent over $120,000 and totally failed. how much money you spend is no guarantee of success.

of course the more common a niche and your content is, the more content you need and the more expensive to get started.

Quote Originally Posted by xenigo
    Forget about saying you have exclusive when you only want to buy 1 set. That won't get you anywhere, and you'll only end up pissing people off. I'll lay it out for you, and tell you what your costs will be. You'll need to spend at least $30k-$100k to start out in the paysite business, and that's regardless of whether you shoot the content yourself or hire someone to shoot it for you. On top of that, you'll need money to hold you over while you continue to add content before you break even from month to month on what you're spending on content. Or else you'll lose the member base you started out with, before you even break even. This could mean that you spend an extra $30k in the process.

It's unlikely you'll get very far spending less. If you're tapped financially before you get going, my best advice is to simply stop spending until you have some serious money to invest.

Ever heard of the term "going out with a bang"? Well, this would be an example of "going out with a fizzle".

maxpower
    Well man, I have paid a huge amount of money already, and this is really just a redesign of a existing site as far as new graphics and new content. I have a base of members as it is, but I have to keep this site profitable at all times, its not going to work for me to run losses. I know this might not be what everyone does, but I have too look at what I am making today and that will determine my spending tomorrow. I do invest everything I make back into the site, but I am not willing to spend more than that. :juggle:

xenigo
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    knowledge is more important than money - i worked with one guy who spent over $150,000 and went out of business and another who spent over $120,000 and totally failed. how much money you spend is no guarantee of success.
    If you don't ultimately understand what you're doing, you are doomed for failure in any industry.

And with the right understanding, and attitude, you can make virtually anything happen. Success is ultimately only limited by your imagination. What I outlined are hard numbers, not taking the fringe variables into account. Bottom line, however, is that there are some hard costs that cannot be avoided. How you get there is up to you.

well, i personally know and work with several successful programs that spent $5000 or less per site to get started so the costs you listed seem excessive to me. i know a large number of successful programs that spend under $15,000 per site including exclusive amateur content or solo content.

sure, there are guys who shoot magazine pro quality content, but most niches don't require them - and in some situations they would harm rather than help a site.

and max, if you don't invest in your business, don't expect much from it.

Quote Originally Posted by xenigo
    If you don't ultimately understand what you're doing, you are doomed for failure in any industry.

And with the right understanding, and attitude, you can make virtually anything happen. Success is ultimately only limited by your imagination. What I outlined are hard numbers, not taking the fringe variables into account. Bottom line, however, is that there are some hard costs that cannot be avoided. How you get there is up to you.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    max, if you don't invest in your business, don't expect much from it.

I did say I invest every thing I make back-into the site, and I will also be giving affiliates about everything they make over my cost for some time at first. But I am not going to lose money on the site, I pay out thousands of dollars every month for content its my biggest expense. Their again I need the biggest bang for my buck right now, after this phase I will really only beadle to create exclusive content, because I will have everything I really want.