Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Hope You Program Owners Arent Using NATs Right Now..

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    It's not the reckless posts on boards that piss people off.

It's the posts where people are publicly caught out and there's no place to hide that get's them pissed off
    Teehee.

Ain't that the God's honest truth. And it's really interesting to see the different responses people will have when they're caught with their hand in the cookie jar. I love how people will dodge, deny, change the subject, point at someone else, or (in this case) spend money on a frivilous lawsuit just to try and maintain the facade.

It's not unlike the senator accused of taking bribes who was caught with $70,000 wrapped in aluminum foil in the bottom of his freezer saying "Well, all the facts aren't in with this case yet, and when the truth comes out, you'll understand." Riiiiiiiight.

The unfortunate drawback is that when these people are outed they, and their cronies, will make it seem like they are the victim and they'll attack your integrity.

So when we see an injustice or a danger to other webmasters, do we remain silent or take the fall for the betterment of the other webmasters in our community? I really wonder if other webmasters are all that thankfull. So many lurkers, and so few posters, you'd think none of it makes a difference in the end anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Teehee.

Ain't that the God's honest truth. And it's really interesting to see the different responses people will have when they're caught with their hand in the cookie jar. I love how people will dodge, deny, change the subject, point at someone else, or (in this case) spend money on a frivilous lawsuit just to try and maintain the facade.

It's not unlike the senator accused of taking bribes who was caught with $70,000 wrapped in aluminum foil in the bottom of his freezer saying "Well, all the facts aren't in with this case yet, and when the truth comes out, you'll understand." Riiiiiiiight.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    The unfortunate drawback is that when these people are outed they, and their cronies, will make it seem like they are the victim and they'll attack your integrity.

So when we see an injustice or a danger to other webmasters, do we remain silent or take the fall for the betterment of the other webmasters in our community? I really wonder if other webmasters are all that thankfull. So many lurkers, and so few posters, you'd think none of it makes a difference in the end anyway?

It's true. There is an awful lot of self centeredness in this business (well, in any business actually, but this one in particular it seems.) I do think that the lurkers do read and take heed of a lot of the info that's posted, so even if they don't post or show their thanks, I'd like to hope that outing the scofflaws (and pointing out the honest people when the opportunity arises) does make a difference in the big picture, but who knows?