Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do You Ever Get Headaches From Certain Foods?

dont be jealous becuase i'm beautiful, be jealous because i just fucked your boyfriend
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Have you tried those new Coke Zero products i mentioned above?

They have no caffeine, no sodium and no sugar or carbs, they really are great

Regards,

Lee
    I usually do caffeine free coke or 7up. i just can't get my tastebuds to accept artificial sweetners. so i do full sugar just minus the caffeine

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I actually have acid reflux and i take Pepcid regularly to control it, unfortunately, that also means i cant drink regular sodas or juices and i need to go with low acid versions of juices or, recently, Cokes line of 'Zero' sodas and i have no problems.

Pizzas i used to be able to eat by the pie so im wondering if it is a sign of old age LOL

Regards,

Lee
    Nothing to add to the headache debate other than to say that MSG kills me.

As for the Acid Reflux... I'm an expert... unfortunately.

A few years back I started getting mild reflux after eating acidic (citrus, pineapple, tomato sauce, etc.) or greasy foods (pizza, burgers, bacon, etc.) but nothing that a few Rolaids couldn't cure. But the symptoms kept getting worse until I was finally forced to go to the doctor. At that point, a glass of water could cause reflux.

The doctor I visited was old-school. He wanted me to take fricken' Maalox (does anybody actually still use that crap?) and CHANGE my diet! I told him "HELL NO!" and asked about all of the new prescription Reflux drugs.

He reluctantly prescribed Prilosec (now available over-the-counter) and I never looked back. The problem with these type of drugs is that they don't soothe an already acidic stomach. You must take them BEFORE you eat, preferably everyday. I know about 20 minutes after I've consumed something if I've forgotten to take my pill for the day. And by then, it's too late and I have to chew a half a bottle of Rolaids and that rarely offers any comfort.

In a pinch, Pepcid Complete (Famotidine) works ok. But other over-the-counter drugs like Xantac (Ranitidine) and Tagamet (Cimetidine) have never done a thing for me. The other prescription reflux drugs like Nexium and Prevacid work great but are very expensive.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    At that point, a glass of water could cause reflux.
    Thats how badly i have it.

When i last spoke to the doctor about this he said i probably did the damage when i was younger, the all-week parties, non-stop drinking, smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day, working all night in the clubs, etc.

He reluctantly prescribed Prilosec (now available over-the-counter) and I never looked back. The problem with these type of drugs is that they don't soothe an already acidic stomach. You must take them BEFORE you eat, preferably everyday. I know about 20 minutes after I've consumed something if I've forgotten to take my pill for the day. And by then, it's too late and I have to chew a half a bottle of Rolaids and that rarely offers any comfort.

In a pinch, Pepcid Complete (Famotidine) works ok. But other over-the-counter drugs like Xantac (Ranitidine) and Tagamet (Cimetidine) have never done a thing for me. The other prescription reflux drugs like Nexium and Prevacid work great but are very expensive.[/
    I tried Prilosec last year and i found it to be a huge pain, PepcidAC is not only cheaper but, you dont have to take it every day and, if you dont take it and get acid after eating, chew a Pepcid and within minutes it gives relief, im exactly the same way as you so far the other otc drugs, they do nothing for me and, some i found (orange or lemon flavored Tums for example) actually make the acid worse because of the acidic flavoring compounds they use

Regards,

Lee