Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EVERYONE'S FAVORITE CARTOON? I KNOW YOU HAVE 1 oR 20!

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Craver View Post
    fairly odd parents is hilarious
    I caught that once! That is amusing. So is that "Danny Phantom" one.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Okay WHAT is Robot Chicken??

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GLIDER View Post
    Okay WHAT is Robot Chicken??
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...02447916665129
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GLIDER View Post
    I've always been a fan of Tom and Jerry ... as long as its the cartoon where they're enemies. Those Hanna-Barbera toons where they're friends are horrible
    Yeah, I hated the ones where they were friends. They were awful.

I remember one of the great old Tom & Jerry cartoons where Tom was going to eat a breakfast of bacon and eggs when Jerry jumps up on the plate, eats the whole breakfast and sops up the excess egg yoke on the plate with the last piece of toast. After seeing that I wanted to try bacon and eggs for breakfast for the first time and to this day when I have them I eat them the exact same way and every time I think of that cartoon.

I also learned to bite my nails from seeing Olive Oil do it in a Popeye cartoon and have done it ever since.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    As a cartoon afficianado, I have to say that the old Looney Tunes from the 1940's are hands down the best. Here's why:

The humor is not dumbed down
    The animation cels are hand drawn and painted
    The backgrounds are hand painted
    The animation is fluid, not jerky like EVERY ANIMATED SHOW TODAY!!!
    The music was scored by a fucking orchestra
    The humor holds up today, over 60 years later...

What makes these cartoons superioir to ANYTHING that is out now or has been put out since???

The subltety of the animation.

Sylvester laughs in his sleep.
    Porky Pig's face contorts as he stutters out a word
    The other characters in the frame CONTINUE TO MOVE AND REACT as the speaking character delivers lines (which does not happen much anymore as animators are lazy and consider other movement on frame a distraction from the dialogue)
    AND the soundtrack in the back reacts to the characters movements, but is not overbearing.

Go get the new Volume 4 DVD and you will see what I mean.

If you are not already a fan, you will be.

Rocky
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky

Quote Originally Posted by DonMike View Post
    Yeah, I hated the ones where they were friends. They were awful.

I remember one of the great old Tom & Jerry cartoons where Tom was going to eat a breakfast of bacon and eggs when Jerry jumps up on the plate, eats the whole breakfast and sops up the excess egg yoke on the plate with the last piece of toast. After seeing that I wanted to try bacon and eggs for breakfast for the first time and to this day when I have them I eat them the exact same way and every time I think of that cartoon.

I also learned to bite my nails from seeing Olive Oil do it in a Popeye cartoon and have done it ever since.
    Hah ... and now I'm hungry.

I always remember an ep where Tom (wearing a Zoot suit made from a striped hammock) sings "Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby?" to his girlfriend

[QUOTE=EonFilms_Rocky;174682]As a cartoon afficianado, I have to say that the old Looney Tunes from the 1940's are hands down the best.QUOTE]

Hey, I agree. Wasn't crazy about the fat Fudd though.

And I am looking for that DVD. Wonder if it's filtered. Lot of "unpleasant" stuff were in cartoons back then.

Wow. Years ago cartoon were drawn in a bizzare fashion. That trend seems to be back again

Making Pain Pay!
    Is robot chicken a cartoon technically? I think it is the best...ever...but I would say it is nt really a cartoon. As far as cartoons go...I really liked the Laugh Olympics back in the day...but I dont even remember what it was on.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    Is robot chicken a cartoon technically? I think it is the best...ever...but I would say it is nt really a cartoon. As far as cartoons go...I really liked the Laugh Olympics back in the day...but I dont even remember what it was on.
    Robot Chicken uses "stop motion" animation. Their use of animating toys and stuff is pretty neat. I think I'll watch it more because, after only seeing a few clips in the past couple of days, I see that their parodies of pop culture are at least as funny (maybe funnier) than The Simpsons.

As for The Laugh Olympics ... always wondered who decided which team would win. And did each team win on an equal number of episodes? Sounds like something Hanna-Barbera would do.