Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tony's Rant on Gas Prices (again)

Madame0120
    Lordy, Big Blue get over 22 mph.

any diesel mercedes or vw can run on bio diesel. there's only a little fat cat oil in it and it works fine. also if you use a $300 converter, you can burn any oil in a diesel. if you run out, you can run into 7-11 and get home on a bottle of crisco

then there's hybrids that run on gas or electricity. the new electric cars are getting over 100 miles per charge, and the one i just love is made from a lotus elyse body and gets 350 miles per charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Madame0120 View Post
    But I DO agree, the free market Fat Cats are livin' large. You got any suggestions?

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    finally, California steps forward to combat greenhouse gases

a positive step toward dealing with this madness.....

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/4700548.html

at least somebody agrees with me....

"Outlook for Consumer Spending Turns Hazy
    Thursday April 12, 4:08 pm ET
    By Anne D'Innocenzio, AP Business Writer
    Consumer Spending Outlook Turns Hazy Despite Strong March Retail Sales.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Spring looks bleak for the nation's retailers. After robust sales in March, there are signs that consumers are already spending less. And a trifecta of problems -- rising gas prices, a rougher housing market and the specter of higher interest rates -- are likely to make the retail business even tougher in the months ahead."

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    any diesel mercedes or vw can run on bio diesel. there's only a little fat cat oil in it and it works fine. also if you use a $300 converter, you can burn any oil in a diesel. if you run out, you can run into 7-11 and get home on a bottle of crisco

then there's hybrids that run on gas or electricity. the new electric cars are getting over 100 miles per charge, and the one i just love is made from a lotus elyse body and gets 350 miles per charge.
    I think sometimes we forget how much more energy it takes to make more energy. There was a HUGE windfarm on 287 in TEXAS, that was amazing and made me smile, cause they were ALL turning.

Roy was impressed too, but hated fighting the wind. New Mexico should have millions of them .. the wind sucks so bad there! As does the road construction.

It Wouldn't Be New Mexico - Without Road Construction! <--- take note NM Visitor's Bureau $0.02

As a Nation, we should be looking UP at the skies, and the high tech highway already in place - held back by US Unions. Factoring in the HUGE cost of building more roads, it is only a matter of time-if we are truly smart- that personal air/cars will change the face of transportation.

www.cartercopters.com

http://www.thebutterflyllc.com/new_horizons/rr.htm

:sunny:

CamCruise
    We have been driving a lot less. Making sure that our trips in the car are not just for one thing. and guess what we cut our gas bill by 1/3. And we also saved time by not wasting it going just here and there.

Just think what all of us could do if we put or minds to it.:bananacock: :bananacock:

If you've got to buy gas (and we already know that its expensive) you might as well do it at the coolest and very chic new pumps in town - Beverly Hills/LA new BP "green" service station gets me hard!

"Helios gas station in Los Angeles is the nation's first "green" gas station. It has low-flow toilets, solar panels and a floor made of recycled glass. Still, environmental critics argue you can't get away from its central role: selling gasoline." morning edition - NPR

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by A_DeAngelo View Post
    If you've got to buy gas (and we already know that its expensive) you might as well do it at the coolest and very chic new pumps in town - Beverly Hills/LA new BP "green" service station gets me hard!
    :rain: :rain: :rain:
    And I wonder how many MILLIONs of dollars was squandered away on such a glitzy project? I can only imagine the cost of shipping, just the glass, over-land.

Great Marketing though. :cash: Now you can feel less guilty as you fill-up. I'm sure there will be bumperstickers with bunches of feel good catch phrases to come.

I Go Green and YOU are a Hog.

BAH!

:fucked:

Making Pain Pay!
    Having seen my mother try to drive a stick shift I can't wait until she gets her own helicopter. God help us.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    Having seen my mother try to drive a stick shift I can't wait until she gets her own helicopter. God help us.
    Actually the future or air transport will be very simple and automated. A passenger goes to a small terminal, like a bus station, buys a ticket and that trip is encoded. Nothing for a passenger to do, but sit back and enjoy.

Vertical take-offs will allow for Much smaller terminals, and quieter machines will make it possible for them to be local and in your neighborhoods. I'll prob. have to live to be 100 to see that ... but will be the Future.

$0.02

Vertical take-offs will allow for Much smaller terminals, and quieter machines will make it possible for them to be local and in your neighborhoods. I'll prob. have to live to be 100 to see that ... but will be the Future.
    $0.02
    gee, I can't wait until all of our neighbors have their own hellipads and copters! - I know they will - to add to the multiple everything else already crowding the driveways....

btw - Madame, you don't know this but, I designed major chain service stations in my design days - (just one of the things I did) - you got to see this one to appreciate it - it just makes me want to lube up and drive!

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by A_DeAngelo View Post
    gee, I can't wait until all of our neighbors have their own hellipads and copters! - I know they will - to add to the multiple everything else already crowding the driveways....

btw - Madame, you don't know this but, I designed major chain service stations in my design days - (just one of the things I did) - you got to see this one to appreciate it - it just makes me want to lube up and drive!

More like bus or train stations.

Oh we've seen some stellar stations these past 2 years. I am very fond of the Flying J Stations - they have MOST excellent pizza and enough kinds of coffee to make my eyes glaze-over.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    I'll soon be known as Space Busser

Apparently, the price of gas DOES MATTER, according to today's LA Times article

California's consumption in 2006 fell by 0.7%, to 15.8 billion gallons - The Golden State, it seems, is different.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...lines-business

its good to know that I'm not the only one that thinks about these things... (price is up again today in LA according to NBC...)

Making Pain Pay!

Gas up 10% in March

Gas prices surged in March...up 10%...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070417/...Gy5QaPofrMWM0F
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip: