Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Someone Should Sue These Individuals For Inciteful Behavior

adults have the right to free speech, but welcome to real life. my daughter works in a bank. if you wear a shirt with any words on it, you're fired. it doesn't matter what the words are. they're not saying you're not free to own it or wear it on your own time - they deem such attire inappropriate IN THEIR BANK.

the school didn't take the kid's shirt and burn it. and a shirt isn't speech. our local schools here have dress codes. religious references are generally out, among other things. and you DON'T have freedom of speech in school - try a little freedom of speech out on any teacher and find yourself suspended. you can't say anything sexual. you can't say anything profane.

there are MANY things you cannot wear or say in most schools - and most christians applaud most of these restrictions.

ya can't have it both ways, christians. you don't want dirk the skater wearing a naked chick on his shirt? or melissa the cheerleader wearing a shirt that says "fuck christmas"? then you don't get to wear a shirt that is trying to shame other people, and that forces your religious beliefs onto people who cannot leave the school and are forced to see your shirt.

aside from my personal disgust at this kid with the shirt, you can't have a dress code that restricts everything except what YOU want.

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    Originally posted by basschick
    aside from my personal disgust at this kid with the shirt, you can't have a dress code that restricts everything except what YOU want.
    I don't think that was the point.

I don't care what he or anyone else wears, I don;t have to like it, but people can wear what they like.

It's the goddamn double standards that get my goat!

Or, for Don especially, shit me to tears!!

:bandana:

CuriousToyBoy - i think that it IS the point, or at least the point by which the school system can overturn this bullshit lawsuit.

try sidestepping the issue of what the shirt actually says. the school systems restrict kids in school from anything they choose. in some bad neighborhoods of l.a. where wearing gang colors was causing problems, they have public school kids in uniforms again. i mean, you can't wear the color red because it might be a gang color, and people might shoot you.

kids in school don't have any rights. they never have. they can't choose their clothes, their speech, or anything else. they don't have the freedom to go to the bathroom or say "i'm not doing this" about something. they can't leave the premises or eat if they're hungry unless it's lunchtime. NO one in school has freedom of speech or actions. they never have.

so why should this kid and his shirt be except from the basic and total removal of rights any other kid in public school suffers?