Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: watermarking with member username...

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear View Post
    Hey, I've read stories of criminals breaking into warehouses and hurting themselves and then suing the owner of the warehouse and winning. America is sue-happy. I agree they're already doing something wrong, but that doesn't seem to mean much in the eyes of the legal system.

Michael
    We have border patrol agents locked up for patrolling the border. Go figure.

America is such a cRaZy place that Americas actually run and live in other countries. Seriously. They do.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    How bout using a field in the EXIF information of JPEGs? The EXIF fields are filled by digicams and such and there are scripts that can edit the information and you could stuff your own strings and usernames in one of the fields.
    :-D

that's a damned good idear!

Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH View Post
    How bout using a field in the EXIF information of JPEGs? The EXIF fields are filled by digicams and such and there are scripts that can edit the information and you could stuff your own strings and usernames in one of the fields.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    The only possible concern there is that many programs, such as Thumbs Plus and Eyebatch, can be automatically set to strip EXIF info when any sort of manipulation to the file takes place. Of course, a lot of users won't bother, but for the user who is remotely sophisticated, it's very easy to do.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    yeah - many programs are able to do that but...

honestly do you rip out the exif info of your pics you put onto your site?

I guess - don't really know - but people rather remove a branding on the pic than think about removing exif information inside the pic itself

Both - branding and exif should work wonders if combined with digimark
    :-D

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I don't know about others, but our process, when we batch the stills for the site is as follows: resize, remove the exif data, add the Digimarc embedded watermark, add a visible watermark, and rename the image with a unique set ID and sequence number for 2257 purposes. Thumbs Plus does the whole job usually in about 2 minutes for each set.