Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Living Or Dead - Who Is One Person You Would Like To Meet?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyNick View Post
    Gene Roddenberry the creator of Star Trek for my non-geek brethren out there
    I once met the woman who kept Star Trek from going under when it first started. I don't know if you guys know about this but it was going to be canceled in it's second season and this incredible woman started a letter writing campaign to save it, going so far as to make sure each fan letter was done in such a way as to make them indistinguishable from the business letters Paramount normally received. They had no choice but to read ever letter and they got millions. The show was saved, and if it had not gone on to the third season there would have been no syndication, no movies, no Next Gen, etc, etc. She's a very cool woman. I was with a bunch of friends who were friends with her and someone mentioned the fact that there were no gay people on the Enterprise. She told us that she had actually mentioned that to Gene at one point (she had become friends with him after saving his show) and she said that his reply was, "how do you know there aren't? Even if they don't enter into the storyline it doesn't mean there aren't any gay people there." I always thought that was such a cool story.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by dajdomains View Post
    Joe Dallesandro in his younger years, and we all know why...:powwow:
    Ever heard the song "Joe Dallesandro" by Briskeby?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4AwWs1U0Rc

Very cool stuff. I always loved Little Joe. I hear he's fallen on bad times these days.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com