Thanks for the additional info. Back in December when my dual-core Mac fried, I bought a new quad-core Mac with Lion installed. It was not possible to install the old FCP and DVDSP applications because Lion doesn't support Rosetta, which as I'm sure you know is the utility that allows PowerPC apps to run on Intel. Anyway, I was excited to try out FCPX so I downloaded the full version as a free 30 day trial, and that's when my excitement turned to disappointment.

FCPX doesn't support exported chapter markers, as you noticed, because it has no support whatsoever for DVD authoring. The most it can do is export your files to a data DVD. There is no replacement for DVD Studio Pro. Nothing.

On top of that, it has no support for machine control and importing from tape. So working with a collection of 14 years worth of DVCAM and MiniDV was impossible, unless you want to import all your clips by hand. Ouch.

I did access the user group threads on this, as well as the results of many Google searches, and they all pointed to a Snow Leopard solution, which is what I ended up doing.

Personally, I think that FCPX is a beautiful, elegant application. But it's useless to me at the moment because of my specific requirements. Maybe someday...

I was doing non-linear editing with an ImMix VideoCube (does anyone remember that?) long before Apple introduced FCP. When they did, they took their dog & pony show on the road and I went to see it in Indianapolis. I don't remember what year that was, maybe '98 or '99. I jumped on it right away and have been using it since version 1.0, along with other Apple pro applications, and it's really disappointing to me how they dropped support for many older FCP features while users are still using them.

But thank you for your advice and input... and I hope in a year or two from now we can both say we're using FCPX and discussing how much we love it :-)