Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2257 problems already starting

rick
    Originally posted by nicedreams
    We spoke with our lawyers last week, and they are not concerned with these new proposed changes.

How hard is it to keep records of the models used on your sites? If you have this info and your models are in fact over 18, what's the problem?

I'd be more concerned about being accused of selling/transporting obscene materials to anyone like in that backasswards state Alabama.

Jim
    I'm more concerned that now I'm a secondary producer and for every image on every site -- every banner included -- I need to have a model ID and list my home address where the records are kept.

If you have been in business as a secondary producer for a few years and have been following current 2257 regs, you have a folder or an online file that you keep that lists out all your content sources as being the record keeper. And you are 100% 257 compliant!

Now, to remain legal you have to:
    - go out and get all those ID records from your content suppliers, even those that are no longer in business!
    - keep all these records organised and in a location that is fully accessible without warning during normal business hours.
    - make & maintain a log of where each set of content is displayed (every specific page, not just every URL)
    - go back and change every page on every domain that has sexually explicit content and put up 2257 info links (yes there is a grandfather clause but there is much debate on what this actually means so to be safe you better be changing all your old pages too!)
    - ensure all models have compliant documentation, and that means US government issued or a passport that can be verified by US officials
    - publicly list your business address on the internet for all freaks to freely access
    - somehow get docos on previously excluded years of content (now back to 1990)
    - dispose of thousands of dollars worth of content that was legal, licensed content but that can no longer comply with the above points

But don't worry, you will have 30 days after the passing of the new regs to comply :wtf:

cheers,
    Luke

patandsam

Orwell

I think what the DOJ is trying to do is shut down as many websites as possible. Then they’ll have fewer targets. They are turning up the 2257 heat for just that reason.

I foresee OSHA stepping in soon. Performers will need to be licensed through a centralized database. Each producer will have to have models registered and approved before releasing content.

Big Brother, dudes!