Thread: So Has AVN Made A Statement Yet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Epoch Holly
    Quote Originally Posted by CorbinFisher_BD View Post
    Which is really the key here, in my eyes.

Have a show all you want.

But it's clear from the Oct. selection date that the intent of the GayVN Retreat organizers was to not just have their own show, but prevent GPF from taking place. They wanted to be sure to eliminate the possibility of GPF taking place. It wasn't just "How can we have a gay webmaster show?". It was "How can we have a gay webmaster show and be sure there are no other ones?".

And that hurts all of us. That is why, when I look at the GayVN Retreat, I see an event that will take place at the expense of the gay webmaster community and that was borne from circumstances negatively impacting all of us.

Not going to argue you with you. But if you see this show having no benefit then dont go! Period... I remember a time you used to endorse Cybersocket stuff when you worked there. So you do know they are good people. This is business people. GPF closed there show ok so let's move on... You dont like you dont have to go but I know lots of us will!

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedDollars Holly View Post
    Not going to argue you with you. But if you see this show having no benefit then dont go! Period... I remember a time you used to endorse Cybersocket stuff when you worked there. So you do know they are good people. This is business people. GPF closed there show ok so let's move on... You dont like you dont have to go but I know lots of us will!
    Actually, I never worked at Cybersocket. I worked for a different company in the same office building. And I know a lot from my time working there. But I don't think you can assume what it is I know or how I feel about some of the people there.

And certainly, I'll not be attending the GayVN Retreat.

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

wnc
    I am sorry to feed the flames. Lee tends to write many times in a forceful questionable manner - yet I still see many of his questions yet unanswered.

I am certainly not one of the major parties involved in this dispute, far from it. I am just a small Proudly Gay, fully adult-employed webmaster. I do see this incident as affecting me personally, as seemingly just a few power players have decided what is best for me and the Gay Adult industry.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedDollars Holly View Post
    I did have a great time at the Forum as all my friends were there.... Was I happy with the treatment we got as a sponsor NO! Two different issues and I also heard other sponsors say they were not happy as well! But that is not the issue....
    What I am more curious about is what Lee wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Why was a non-compete added to the show this group were planning so that CCBill, a company that has openly accepted anyone as a sponsor to both the Phoenix Forum and the Gay Phoenix Forum, including Epoch, were unable to sponsor the event?
    I, like Lee, would like a reason for that non-compete clause. Why is CCBILL shut out?

(responding to Chip's post...)

That's really it. Holly, it doesn't matter how I feel about Cybersocket or the people there.

Also doesn't matter how I feel about Epoch or the people there - many of my favorite people in the industry and indeed one of my longest standing friends in the industry works there.

It's about the GPF being sacrificed for an agenda that'll harm rather than help the industry and gay webmasters losing what could very well have been one of the greatest resources available to all of us because a group of companies chose to pursue that.

uh huh exactly what I thought vs eddie's Avatar
    It has been brought to my attention by a valid source that Brian Dunlap did not ever work for Cybersocket specifically, he was employed by two different companies in which Tim and Morgan are majority share holders. :morning:
    Eddie Bastian
    Account Executive
    1-800-685-9236 x240
    http://www.adultwhoswho.com/person/person.html?id=00756

thank you for that?