Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CCbill DirectPay EU

Xstr8guy

CCbill DirectPay EU

Does anyone know anything about this?

ANNOUNCING CCBILL DIRECTPAY EU!
    Posted August 29th, 2007 17:54:48, by CCBill Management

CCBILL DIRECTPAY EU PAYMENT OPTION NOW AVAILABLE!

We are excited to announce the release of a new CCBill payment option targeted to 200 million EU Online Consumers...CCBill DirectPay EU..

DirectPay EU is an established and widely accepted Consumer bill payment system within Europe, is supported in 36 EU Region Countries (detailed listing available within System5 HELP), and offers:
    # A convenient and supported online payment acceptance method for EU Consumers
    # Increased sales by offering a local, trusted payment solution
    # Access to a market segment that may not have or use credit cards
    # Payment acceptance from high-risk countries with confidence and security
    # A safe way for converting declined or blacklisted consumers to paying customers
    # An ideal alternative payment solution with declined card transactions
    # Local support is provided in the native language of the consumer
    # No Charge Backs

You can offer DirectPay EU as a single billing only option for any of your sub-accounts within the System5 Form Admin, at:
    System5>Tools>Account Maintenance>Account Admin>Choose Sub-Account>Form Admin>Create New Form

Please Note: the DirectPay EU Consumer Experience is slightly different from the typical CCBill Payment Form process, as the Consumer is not required to enter any payment information into the CCBill DirectPay EU Payment Form. Rather, the Consumer is offered a Transaction ID and a direct link to their Bank's URL on the Payment Form. From the Consumer's secure online bank account page they can then enter their Transaction ID and pay for their membership directly from their personal account. Upon receipt of funds (usually 1-3 business days, with the exception of Germany, where the transaction will take place in real-time), the system automatically emails the consumer their user access information for their purchased membership.

We hope you will feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding this or other CCBill Global Payment solutions, 24/7 at clientsupport@ccbill.com.

Many Thanks!

CCBill Management
    When I got to 'create new form', I'm not given an option for DriectPay... just the usual Credit and Check. And what is this DirectPay all about? Will surfers in the EU know what it means or do I have to educate them?

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    hmm - could you post a link to the form?

"Direct Pay" in Germany means "we deduct the funds from your account" -> "Lastschriftverfahren" (direct debit scheme) or "elektronische Lastschrift" (electornic direct debit) - the appriviation for that is "ELV"... at least us germans would need to be educated about "direct debit" but then... who does german language sites ;-)
    :-D

Xstr8guy
    I don't have a link to anymore information. This news posting was inside the CCbill Admin. Apparently you need to submit an application to add this to your billing options.

If you want to bill german customers very easy, add the direct debit option if it is available for germany

I had a mere 10 (no kidding) credit card transactions in the last two years on my german sites.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Search GWW for Direct Debit, thats basically what it is.

My only gripe about this is that it doesnt handle recurring billing which i know for a fact Direct Debit/Direct Pay does allow the use of because all of my utility bills in the UK were paid using this method and every month, like clockwork, the funds would be taken out of my account.

Im sure Gary will be around on Tuesday and he'll give us all some more information on this

Regards,

Lee

no recurring? I did not realise that! Its certainly a nice addition to cc processing, I do hope they get recurring setup too.

Xstr8guy
    Thanks guys!

At least it's a start. CCbill needs to continue to improve it's EU processing capabilities to catch up to Epoch though.

Is Epoch already able to Direct Debit with rebills? Thought they were about to do it but never followed up on that or heared a word on direct debit again

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH View Post
    Is Epoch already able to Direct Debit with rebills? Thought they were about to do it but never followed up on that or heared a word on direct debit again
    Not yet as far as I'm aware but at least they take EU debit cards.

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    I don't have a link to anymore information. This news posting was inside the CCbill Admin. Apparently you need to submit an application to add this to your billing options.
    For older accounts you appear to need to submit only an addendum to your contract which is a short 1/2 page form in the CCBill admin if you follow the links from the Posting in the admin area opening screen. There is not much to fill out, essentially only needing to agree to the terms of the addendum and sign it, fax it back to CCBill.

For newer accounts it appears it's already included in the agreement and this step does not appear necessary. For our asianguys.com account we had to submit it, and we are awaiting it's addition to our account, for the asiancockstars.com site we did not as it is a newer account, and have already implemented it as a payment option.

Not yet as far as I'm aware but at least they take EU debit cards.
    I was of the understanding that this new payment option at CCBill was for taking EU Debit cards.

Am I not correct in that assumption?

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by tombarr View Post
    I was of the understanding that this new payment option at CCBill was for taking EU Debit cards.

Am I not correct in that assumption?
    Lol, I'm confused by the different Euro payment options. From what I understand, DirectPay is different than normal EU debit cards. I think it's more like a direct withdrawal from a bank account. And CCbill are offering DirectPay as a one-time membership billing option... no rebilling.

Xstr8guy
    And it also sounds like it's not an instant membership option. I think it takes 2 or 3 days to complete the transaction. Euro debit cards like Switch/Solo are instant just like a credit card.

And it also sounds like it's not an instant membership option. I think it takes 2 or 3 days to complete the transaction. Euro debit cards like Switch/Solo are instant just like a credit card.
    It is instant membership. Part of the terms are that you understand that the member has access immediately but that it is not guaranteed that you will be paid because the customer can still be declined for things like insufficient funds...and that process can take up to 2 or 3 days.

It seems to be the same thing as taking e-checks in the USA market which we already do using the same process, i.e. instant access for the customer...delayed payment if the transaction is approved after a few days.

Lol, I'm confused by the different Euro payment options. From what I understand, DirectPay is different than normal EU debit cards. I think it's more like a direct withdrawal from a bank account. And CCbill are offering DirectPay as a one-time membership billing option... no rebilling.
    Do any US based processors offer EU Debit recurring billing?

Is it possible that it is not something that can be done because of some legality concerning EU banking? Or perhaps just EU banking when the transaction is from a US Bank or processor?