Thread: fuckersrippedmeoff.com I think the biz needs it

Greg Gaskell

fuckersrippedmeoff.com I think the biz needs it

No one has a board for people that RIPP people off, would you post on it? I wonder how many people will RIP THIS IDEA OFF...What ya think guys should I make a board that just lists SCAMMERS?

curiousbunny
    that's funny, i think they should b exposed.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    It is a tantalizing concept but there is a great deal of risk involved in my view. For example how do you really know that So and So truly did rip off the person making the claim? It is rather easy for someone to say they got ripped off, when in fact they were the one's who screwed up.

For example, Paypal will freeze an account if it believes or has it reported that the account holder is doing adult business. Now say Joe Asshole goes and sets up his paysite and uses paypal and wham... he gets his account frozen and then comes to your board and claims paypal stole his money, ripped him off..

He feels they did but it is right in their TOS that they don't accept adult... so here Paypal gets a bad rep when in fact its Joe Asshole to blame.

Take it to something we all can relate to. Joe Asshole signs up for your paysite, he surfs it for two months and downloads all your pics and all then cancels. He comes to the board and bitches that Paysite Harry ripped him off because the pics were poor quality. Paysite Harry doesn't know he's posted and no one reading Joe Asshole's post knows that what he was trying to do was use the pictures for his own paysite.. but because Paysite Harry watermarked them, he can't use them, so he is pissed off...

Until paysite Harry comes along to correct the misconception, if he knows the real reason behind Joe Asshole's anger, how is anyone gonna know the truth? All they are gonna see is that Paysite Harry is a ripoff...

So nice concept but I'd pass on it thank you. Too many Joe Assholes around for me, besides isn't that what GFY is for? All them?

Just my warped opinion, feel free to ignore it, I do... :wacko:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Greg Gaskell
    Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman
    It is a tantalizing concept but there is a great deal of risk involved in my view. For example how do you really know that So and So truly did rip off the person making the claim? It is rather easy for someone to say they got ripped off, when in fact they were the one's who screwed up.

For example, Paypal will freeze an account if it believes or has it reported that the account holder is doing adult business. Now say Joe Asshole goes and sets up his paysite and uses paypal and wham... he gets his account frozen and then comes to your board and claims paypal stole his money, ripped him off..

He feels they did but it is right in their TOS that they don't accept adult... so here Paypal gets a bad rep when in fact its Joe Asshole to blame.

Take it to something we all can relate to. Joe Asshole signs up for your paysite, he surfs it for two months and downloads all your pics and all then cancels. He comes to the board and bitches that Paysite Harry ripped him off because the pics were poor quality. Paysite Harry doesn't know he's posted and no one reading Joe Asshole's post knows that what he was trying to do was use the pictures for his own paysite.. but because Paysite Harry watermarked them, he can't use them, so he is pissed off...

Until paysite Harry comes along to correct the misconception, if he knows the real reason behind Joe Asshole's anger, how is anyone gonna know the truth? All they are gonna see is that Paysite Harry is a ripoff...

So nice concept but I'd pass on it thank you. Too many Joe Assholes around for me, besides isn't that what GFY is for? All them?

Just my warped opinion, feel free to ignore it, I do... :wacko:
    I totally agree on the risk and how it will all work, like i said it's on paper and what we need to do is find a way that it works with the boards, a plug in... hell i don't know... my point is we bloooody need something to share info and maybe it's a point score against someone.
    Yes it's in the air and is it worth it?

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    good idea! , i thought i would first say that! , but i'm not sure it would really solve the problem! , the two times i've been "scammed" involved someone actually "pretending" to be with a large "well-known" company ( even had some inside information and names! along with numbers which checked out! )
    the other time and probably most "common" is "overnight" companies which are here today and gone next week! , they change there name like changing clothes! , so even if you had a "name" their something different next week!
    i really don't deal with anyone unless you attend a conference! , and even then i run "background" checks on all your dealings/associates/etc. and if everything checks out! , sure! , let's be friends!

jim

AusCoding Allan
    Ok so how about this for a suggestion along the same concept - rippedoffcustomer comes to Igotrippedoff.com and posts a thread entitled "I got ripped off by ....." and is required to enter the contact email for the person/company who ripped them off. A link to this thread is then emailed to companywhocarriedoutthescam to give them a chance to respond. The post does not become visible until the companywhocarriedoutthescam has had a chance to respond or does not respond within 14 days. If the issue is resolved happily behind the scenes then the thread never becomes visible to the general public.

Almost an internet mediation service of sorts.

Cheers,

Allan

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    In theory that sounds like a fairly decent solution to the problem, however it also would seem to rely on the ability of the board moderator/owner to insure the email is valid, and is received before allowing the post to go public if no response received.

If memory serves me, isn't there or wasn't there just such a similiar type operation called something rope? Damn, i have the name but it won't come out from hiding ... on the rope? think they even tried to have a gay version too..

Problem about having such a board is that primarily the thrust of the board is going to be negative. For myself, I think there are enough of those type of boards already in existence, would be nice to have something that could solve issues between parties, but ...
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

thetwink
    there once was a site called 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly'... yeah, yeah I know about the copywrite infringement, but anyways...

It was (maybe 'is', as I don't seem to have the bookmark any longer) run by Serge, the infamous russian webmaster that once owned Oprano.

My opinion of how that site turned out... a personal pissing grounds for the owner, in which he used people with legitimate gripes as pawns. I think this because I was one of his pawns once.

I had posted on gfy of a legitimate complaint against 12 Idiots, and this Serge fellow, e-mailed me and invited me to post my 'story' on his site... only later I realized that Serge had an agenda against 12 Asshats, and was very happy to have me post some ammo he could use.

Anyways, i see any site like that running the risk of becoming the same or similar... can't really trust many peole in this biz....

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thetwink
    can't really trust many peole in this biz....
    sure you can! , just make them walk in "front!" of you!

jim