Thread: Are Adult Industry Message Boards...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Are Adult Industry Message Boards...

Becoming like non-adult forums?

It just seems to me that, as of late, with a few exceptions, many of the boards in the adult industry seem to be getting heavier and heavier with ads and the quality of information being posted on them, seems to be dropping.

Has anyone else noticed this happening over the past few months?

Banners and buttons seem to be getting crammed in to what little 'white space' is left on a board in order for the board owner to make money.

How do you feel about this? I know GWW currently has 4 ads showing on this page, imho, thats more than enough, i dont see the need to put 5 buttons at the top of the community forums and the bottom of it.

Your thoughts? When do ads become 'enough' for you on message boards and resources?

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I think there is a line between responsible advertising and greed. Costs increase and many think the solution is more ad space, but to me its to provide more content for the buck. So yeah I think many boards are stretching the limits and as such sacrifice the quality of their board, the actual content and the convenience. I hate it when I get to a board that takes forever for the page to load, specially when you are reading a large number of posts. It makes me less inclined to support the sponsors than say the way it is managed here at GWW.

I suppose bottom line is dependent on your own business model and ethics, but to me too many ads are a hinderance to enticing proper business just as having no ads isn't gonna line the pockets.

merely my opinion, feel free to ignore it, i sure do.. :wacko:
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    of all the "boards" i find this one the most "mentally-stimulating!" ( minus the drama of course! ) i have to admit though that when i first "ventured-out!" my idea of what a "board" is and what it turned out to be are two different things! , i remain hopeful though!
    in regards to "banners/advertisements" i don't mind them so much as long as they are "pertinent!" to the board ( i'm not interested in "straight-banners" on a "gay-board!" ) i realize that the board has to financially support itself so you have to do what you have to do!.
    i try to keep my posts "direct" and "respectful" at all times! and even keep all "attachments!" small as not to hinder "loading!" , and before i lose my train of thought here! , keep posting! , if you say nothing then you agree with the majority!

jim

the funny thing is that the more ads, the less you notice them. look at free hosts - at first, they couldn't do anything BUT make money. but as the surfers became totally used to having the ads on the top and bottom, the free hosts all died out.

yup, i totally agree, there are way too many ads on forums and way too many forums running for the sole purpose of collecting ad revenues.

cheers,
    Luke