Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: webmasters and 2257 - i'm shocked

webmasters and 2257 - i'm shocked

i'm shocked at the number of webmasters who feel they don't have to comply with 2257. and not just the new regs, either. the custodian of records' address has always had to be a real address and not a p.o. box, for example.

sure, law enforcement MAY not get to you. there's a lot of us, but maybe they don't have to find you.

what if your ex or neighbor gets pissed, he can call the cops and say you do cp. when they check your records, you will be guilty of a crime NOT because your records aren't all there, but because they won't be done according to law. sure, you might win in a court case. how many people here have an extra $100,000 or more plus at least two years of their lives to deal with this before they are found innocent - IF they are?

don't believe it could happen? look up mike jones on some webmaster boards. he had no cp at all, and all his records were in order, thank god. it took five years for the charges (some of which were cp charges, which he continued to face even AFTER all the i.d. he stored was found to be in order) to be dismissed and about a zillion dollars. five YEARS of facing the possiblity of prison even though everything was done right.

did i mention they took all his i.d. and computers? so he couldn't work after this, either.

this is the law - if you can't comply, perhaps you could work with non-nude non-explicit content. that's what i'm going to do to avoid having my address online everywhere. or you could leave the business, or only work with enlargement or dating sites or put up a text description tgp. but we can go to jail or spend years of our life over this.

please be careful!

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    As an interested bystander to this 2257 craze over the years, I have to echo your sentiments Basschick. So many seem to feel their interpretation of the laws will hold up in court is to say the least, unbelievable.

Just as odd is how so many still actually believe that the intent of this law is to protect children. They can holler that till the moon turns green but anyone with an ounce of common sense has to see that this isn't gonna save one single child. Oh it may save some starving 17 year old from doing a photo shoot or video shoot but it won't stop him from going back to the street corner to sell his ass nor will it stop the pedophiles one bit. This is a drive no different than the one for prohibition back in the 20's and such.. to impose a moral code on the majority by a minority.

just my opinion though.
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Frat_Mike

WTF? Amen

Just one word " Amen "

Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman
    As an interested bystander to this 2257 craze over the years, I have to echo your sentiments Basschick. So many seem to feel their interpretation of the laws will hold up in court is to say the least, unbelievable.

Just as odd is how so many still actually believe that the intent of this law is to protect children. They can holler that till the moon turns green but anyone with an ounce of common sense has to see that this isn't gonna save one single child. Oh it may save some starving 17 year old from doing a photo shoot or video shoot but it won't stop him from going back to the street corner to sell his ass nor will it stop the pedophiles one bit. This is a drive no different than the one for prohibition back in the 20's and such.. to impose a moral code on the majority by a minority.

just my opinion though.
    Ian

Mike Webmaster
    Fraternityguys.com

Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

hey, squirt - i see you host your images on angelfire

Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    hey, squirt - i see you host your images on angelfire
    What are you doing up so early girl??

So what is your prediciton post June 24?

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

i'm not up early - i'm still up

my predictions... i suspect that there may be an injunction while this law gets sorted out better. if not, i think they'll start knocking on doors, and probably have some sites with young-looking models in mind to start.

for my birthday - june 23 - i'm pulling down most of my domains. i'm gonna miss those domains *sniff*

Dzinerbear
    basschick,

It's not that we don't care, or don't think we have to follow the law, not at all. Even though the laws don't apply to me because I don't live in the U.S. I will do everything in my power to comply with them. However, I'm just tired of endless screetch on these boards. Honest to Pete, it's like a meteor's going to slam into the the earth and it's just appeared in the western sky.

We've got pages of OPINION, but very few facts, and yet we keep pumping them out. Then we have people like you saying, "Well, I'm pulling most of my domains" which will probably scare a few others, they'll run off on some other board and start a story, and by tomorrow afternoon, the feds will have kicked your door down, dragged you, you boyfriend, and 6 cats off to local jail.

Then we've got Squirt starting an "It already started, Feds shut down site" thread which has nothing to do with 2257, it was shut down for copyright infringement.

So, it's all pretty exhausting. And it's not that I don't care about 2257, I just don't care what basschick's opinion is of 2257 and how it applies to me. I'm holding out for some real information.

dzinerbear

then read the law - almost all of it is very clearly written.

not that it even applies to you...

Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    Then we've got Squirt starting an "It already started, Feds shut down site" thread which has nothing to do with 2257, it was shut down for copyright infringement.
    Then we have you who doesn't read a thread or it's heading. I NEVER mentioned 2257 in my thread title or first post to the thread. I said "I'm glad. Now my content wont be shared there anymore. What do you guys think?" OBVIOUSLY I wasn't talking about 2257... I was talking about the DOJ shutting down sites.

BTW Basschick I'm shocked as well... seems everyone wants to find a way around them, not how to comply. But I think some of that comes from nobody knowing exactly how to comply. Nobody in the business wants to goto jail.

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Dzinerbear
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt
    Then we have you who doesn't read a thread or it's heading. I NEVER mentioned 2257 in my thread title or first post to the thread. I said "I'm glad. Now my content wont be shared there anymore. What do you guys think?" OBVIOUSLY I wasn't talking about 2257... I was talking about the DOJ shutting down sites.
    You're absolutely right, you did say that. However, your subject line "It's already started: Feds shut down site" in light of the board being nothing about 2257 over the past two days sure implies that the thread is going to be 2257 related.

Get a grip. You're fear-mongering.
    dzinerbear

Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    You're absolutely right, you did say that. However, your subject line "It's already started: Feds shut down site" in light of the board being nothing about 2257 over the past two days sure implies that the thread is going to be 2257 related.

Get a grip. You're fear-mongering.
    dzinerbear

You're paranoid if you think every post is 2257 related and then attacking, and labeling me, because my post wasn't. My title was about the DOJ shutting down sites

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake Buck Angel's Avatar
    Basschick,
    You are totally right! Thats with everything going on in this country though, So the 2257 thing doesnt suprise me at all. DENIAL !! Thats how people are when that do not want top deal with anything!

Just put your stuff in order thats all you have to do and what you cant dump! Believe me its way better than jail. I had to spend a fucking day in jail here in LA, that was fucking scary, I was totally in the male jail (because I am ) but they had no clue I had a pussy! Scared the shit outa me..just spend one day in jail that will change your mind!

sorry if my writing sucks I am on the treadmill burning fat!!

WOOF!

Dzinerbear
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt
    You're paranoid if you think every post is 2257 related and then attacking, and labeling me, because my post wasn't. My title was about the DOJ shutting down sites
    Um ... let's see ... 13 of the threads on page one right now have 2257 in their subject line. I'd say that's a considerable percentage of posts. Sorry if I confused you by exaggerating with the word "every," I should have said 13 threads and 20 pages of posts. I guess that's not really a lot ... my mistake.

dzinerbear

buck - men's jail with a pussy! damn! glad you came out of that okay.

you're posting threads while you're on the treadmill? you must have the steadiest hands and eyes in the business

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Angel
    Basschick,
    You are totally right! Thats with everything going on in this country though, So the 2257 thing doesnt suprise me at all. DENIAL !! Thats how people are when that do not want top deal with anything!

Just put your stuff in order thats all you have to do and what you cant dump! Believe me its way better than jail. I had to spend a fucking day in jail here in LA, that was fucking scary, I was totally in the male jail (because I am ) but they had no clue I had a pussy! Scared the shit outa me..just spend one day in jail that will change your mind!

sorry if my writing sucks I am on the treadmill burning fat!!

WOOF!