Thread: Just wondering.....

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about! BradleyFL's Avatar

Just wondering.....

For any performer portrayed in such a depiction after June 23, 2005, the records shall include

(i) A copy of the depiction, and

(ii) Where the depiction is published on an Internet computer site or service, a copy of any URL associated with the depiction or, if no URL is associated with the depiction, another uniquely identifying reference associated with the location of the depiction on the Internet.

Does this mean every photo and video clip an affiliate may use to promote your site, (since it belongs to you), do you have to include the url where it is published? If so this could get really crazy.

You can't control things that you do not own, ie, your affiliate's domains. This only means you have to have a cross-reference database for content on the sites that you own.

cheers,
    Luke

jonjayw
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFL
    For any performer portrayed in such a depiction after June 23, 2005, the records shall include

(i) A copy of the depiction, and

(ii) Where the depiction is published on an Internet computer site or service, a copy of any URL associated with the depiction or, if no URL is associated with the depiction, another uniquely identifying reference associated with the location of the depiction on the Internet.

Does this mean every photo and video clip an affiliate may use to promote your site, (since it belongs to you), do you have to include the url where it is published? If so this could get really crazy.
    Yes it means every photo and video clip an affiliate may use - - but it mean THEY have to keep the records of their use and thus you must pass on the model(s)' information (not the depiction or URL(s) where they use it -- that they have to add).

Anyone . . . "who inserts on a computer site or service a digital image of, or otherwise manages the sexually explicit content of a computer site or service that contains a visual depiction of an actual human being engaged in actual sexually explicit conduct . . ." (direct from the reg) is a secondary producer. So every affiliate using your photos/videos is a secondary producer and must comply.

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about! BradleyFL's Avatar
    Great! Thanks for the info guys. :extat:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    However, its my understanding that if you site is dynamic, such a members area, you only need to list the main url of the site (the index page).

Regards,

Lee