Thread: webhosting and 2257

webhosting and 2257

The way I read the new 2257 regulations, whether you host within the USA or outside of the USA is irrelevant, what matters is the location of your primary point of business
    .....but, nevertheless, I have already had 3 people contact me in the last 24 hours in regards to offshore hosting.

So, I am setting up an agreement with a Netherlands data center and in approx 1 weeks time chilihost.nl will be up and running. Initially we will be offering dedicated servers only, however, this may change if there is enough demand for a shared server. Prices are yet to be finalised, I am working on this still but I am expecting to have prices starting at $325 per month.

If you are keen on getting in on this deal, please email me and I will make sure to get you further info as it becomes available.

cheers,
    Luke

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost
    The way I read the new 2257 regulations, whether you host within the USA or outside of the USA is irrelevant, what matters is the location of your primary point of business
    .....but, nevertheless, I have already had 3 people contact me in the last 24 hours in regards to offshore hosting.

So, I am setting up an agreement with a Netherlands data center and in approx 1 weeks time chilihost.nl will be up and running. Initially we will be offering dedicated servers only, however, this may change if there is enough demand for a shared server. Prices are yet to be finalised, I am working on this still but I am expecting to have prices starting at $325 per month.

If you are keen on getting in on this deal, please email me and I will make sure to get you further info as it becomes available.

cheers,
    Luke

Would love to hope that this would work, but it seems like everything I've read and heard from knowledgable people was that if you are an American citizen, it doesn't matter where your server/content/website is located.

If I'm wrong..you'll be hearing from me! ;-)

JustBryce
    Luke,

Hit me up when you have the details. We are looking to add a presence in Europe unrelated to the regs.

Cheers,
    Bryce

I agree, Slade....thus my first paragraph!

cheers,
    Luke

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost
    I agree, Slade....thus my first paragraph!

cheers,
    Luke

I know..I agree with you too.

Never hurts to be open to giving the customer what they want! Just wondering when you'll sleep now LOL ... but a big pat on the back for being pro-active!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Cool stuff Luke

Incidently, im talking to a couple of companies atm about setting up some discounts for offshore corporation registrations too

Regards,

Lee

Here is my official announcement thread:
    http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...6437#post86437

cheers!
    Luke