Thread: A must read =)

allswellthatend

A must read =)

MUST READ AVN ARTICLE

---------------------

ATLANTA - After purchasing the domain name of its biggest competitor, NationalNet.com, Webair CEO Mike Christopher was confronted with a healthy dose of drama. But all’s well that ends well.

-advertisement-

Christopher since has worked out a deal with National Net president Tony Morgan, handing over the domain and agreeing to make a joint charitable contribution.

The saga began when Christopher purchased the domain earlier this month – at a price of $5,000 – for Introduction.com, a soon-to-launch FriendFinder-like dating site client. Introduction.com was looking for a networking-based domain, such as National Net, National Network and National Networking for their individual dating sites, Christopher tells AVNOnline.com.

When he purchased NationalNet.com, he found people questioning his motives came as part of the deal.

“It crossed my mind [that buying that domain might be a problem], but I thought that ultimately, Tony already had his name. He branded NatNet.com, so I didn’t know if he was interested in NationalNet.com or not. I found out the hard way,” Christopher says with a laugh.

“I don’t like jumping to conclusions on stuff like that. When I first heard about it, it was through a third party and I’m very cautious not to judge unless I know for sure,” Morgan tells AVNOnline.com.

Once the inevitable accusations and hearsay started flying, Christopher spoke with Morgan and the two quickly came to an agreement.

“He sent me an email and said ‘let’s try to do this the right way.’ I said ‘sure,’ and he came up with the recommendation to make a donation to charity. That way there was no loser,” Morgan says.

Christopher has subsequently given NationalNet.com to National Net and the companies are donating an undisclosed amount to Bert’s Big Adventures, a four-year-old charity that gives terminally ill children a VIP experience at Disney World.

Of course, in this industry, if the story can get any stranger, it undoubtedly will. The man behind Burt’s Big Adventures is Bert Weiss, a childhood friend of Christopher’s from Long Beach, New York, whom he hasn’t seen since he was 8 years old.

“I was shocked, to be honest. I haven’t been back to Long Beach in 30 years, and I probably hadn’t thought of Mike for about that long, too,” Weiss tells AVNOnline.com. “I partied pretty hard in the ‘80s and might have lost my short-term memory, but my long-term memory must be pretty strong because I vividly remember Mike, his sister, and all the friends we had back then.”

Christopher, who has ridden the roller coaster on this adventure, was so excited about the latest development that he could barely put it into words.

“I mean the karma involved…. I’m really excited about this,” he says.

Gary you still have my sympathy

Lee = :wacko: :cry:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Please change the size of your signature to conform to the community rules.

It must be no larger than a 120x60 button and up to 3 lines of text.

Regards,

Lee

allswellthatend
    How's that Lee :king:

No matter really I've since moved onto a much better resource along with the masses...I think your reputation and immautrity has finally caught up to you. That apology is looking better and better aye? :extat:

BTW what happened to my original account hmmmmm...

Webair
    Lee...questions comments suggestions? Loss for words? maybe we shoudl point the viewers to the previous posts on more popular forums?

:mexican: I like that guy

Dzinerbear
    Dude,

What on earth would you go to the bother of signing up on someone's board just to try and rub someone's nose in your shit? If you don't like Lee stay away from his board.

What is it about the Internet that turns adults in sandbox-shovelling little kids?

dzinerbear

I gotta say I'm kinda confused at.. well.. what the point would be.

Do other boards only get traffic when they come here to cause drama first? :wacko:
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Webair
    Well i would have done so but lee went a bit to far so i thought id bring it here so that you can see what type of asshat runs the board your subscribed to...

anyhow im done lee is a waste of energy and i think this attack he attempted to launch on me personally has backfired drastically...

although i still would like to see a public apology :extat:

Dzinerbear
    Actually, we already know what an asshat Lee is, in fact, many of us here have told him to his face so to speak. But I still like him and I suppose many others do, too, because this is still one of the business communities there is.

All that said and done, he's done more to build up the gay webmastering community than most in this biz, so I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree here.

Buh-bye
    dzinerbear

Webair
    we'll have to agree to disagree there. I know plenty of other resources that are run by professional people who can actually get things done without the drama and bs that we all have come to know as "lee"

That said...there is nothing further for me here this forum is "dead" to me...

...and yet you're still here trying to cause drama...
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.