Thread: How to start a webcam site

SmoothNbare

How to start a webcam site

Would you say that pic sites or cam sites tend to be the biggest cash cows

-twink

Did someone say cocktail? steven619's Avatar

vids or pics

How about both?

The sites that I see doing well are those with both photos and videos.
    But keep in mind...nothing sells without a good marketing plan that you follow through on.

Steven
    Steven: 619-269-7442 x401
    Red Apple Media
    Hosting, Development, and video Streaming
    San Diego, CA
    Home PageFacebook

allboysvideo

Don't listen to the hype!

Your question is very good! But don't listen to the hype about owning and operating a site.

Lots of work goes into a site and since our site started on April 1, 2005 it is no picnic. Although we had some great help and guidence, I prefer to continue to produce and market our own DVD titles. Doing a website is very hardwork and the money that is generated from a site is not worth the time and money. Perhaps back in the "Gay" 90's when adult site were all the rage, site owners did very well. As a new age of sites are popping up all over the place in the hundreds and thousands the compition is very strong and everyone is fighting for the same group of people, the pie is getting much smaller.

Before you ask what site kind of site is a "cash-cow"? Starting asking yourself and others about the work you have to put into a site and if its worth your time and money.

Don't believe the hype!!!

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    I agree with David. I own 3 webcam sites (soon to be four) and my expenses almost always break even with my income. The costs of running a server for the video, not to mention cams and the mental cost at having to play babysitter to a bunch of models is not worth the effort. I would not give up any of my sites for anything, they are like my children, but if I were starting fresh, I would not open a webcam site. The only reason I am opening a new one is because I have already bypassed all of the start up capitol I needed and got a REALLY good deal on an apartment in San Diego, with landlords who BEGGED me to put hot guys and webcams in it!!!

Don't even get me started on how much of a pain in the ass the new 2257 regulations are on cam sites, either. We have been testing the new routine of recording each live show and cataloguing them. It's the biggest pain in the ass I have ever had, and I have had some huge pains in my ass!

Having said that, I can make more money producing and selling DVD's than I do with the live cam sites... however, the live cam sites are a good way to promote new DVD's since the models on the sites often times star in the videos.

Along those lines, I am going to finally be launching our video sales affiliate program very very soon.

:-D

Rocky

SmoothNbare

hey thanks for the advice

In regards to the dvd sales especially for the fresh faced unknown models what type of range in volume of sales does one see.