Thread: content producers and brokers and 2257

content producers and brokers and 2257

i've heard from someone (but have NOT heard from max pixels) that max pixels will not be supplying full copies of the i.d. for the content they sell, that it will violate the models' privacy.

worldwidecontent says they supply full documentation.

has anyone heard from ounique? the i.d.s they supply have the addresses blacked out, which isn't legal as of june 23.

i hear the fsc injunction will only cover members, so unless you're a member, any injunction they may get won't cover you. so it's good to know, for those willing to be the custodian of records, what content producers supply full un-blacked-out documents.

BlueRay
    Hey Basschick,

We, Maxpixels, have been supplying full 2257 documentation for a while now. In the past before all the 2257 hoopla came about we provided blacked out ID's. We are currently in the process of getting all the previous year's IDs rescanned. Which is going to take some time.
    I can assure you that the rumors you have heard are NOT true. In our opinion giving out model's information is a very bad idea and law makers should reconsider it but we will comply with the current situation.

However I would like to say this...
    There is no reason to panic about anything just yet. It is not even a law yet and is full of holes and contradictions which will be challenged in the courts. They have not even designated an enforcement body to these stupid rules. I would hope that the FBI has way more important affairs to tend than knock on webmasters' doors and check to see if they have cross refrenced and filed all their 2257s for every banner ever created.

We are happy to supply full documentation, along with an Excel spreadsheet that provides cross-reference data for all of our products, including mpeg clip collections.

ray - thanks for responding here

it IS a law, it was fully passed and signed. it isn't to be enforced yet, but personally i comply with all u.s. laws whether i know who's going to enforce them or not.

citiboyz - now that i look again, i see that i already have all i.d. unblocked from you. thanks

i hope other content providers might post here so we know who supplies what us webmasters need to legally operate.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRay
    Hey Basschick,

We, Maxpixels, have been supplying full 2257 documentation for a while now. In the past before all the 2257 hoopla came about we provided blacked out ID's. We are currently in the process of getting all the previous year's IDs rescanned. Which is going to take some time.
    I can assure you that the rumors you have heard are NOT true. In our opinion giving out model's information is a very bad idea and law makers should reconsider it but we will comply with the current situation.

However I would like to say this...
    There is no reason to panic about anything just yet. It is not even a law yet and is full of holes and contradictions which will be challenged in the courts. They have not even designated an enforcement body to these stupid rules. I would hope that the FBI has way more important affairs to tend than knock on webmasters' doors and check to see if they have cross refrenced and filed all their 2257s for every banner ever created.

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    We are in the same situation as MaxPixels.

In the past we have always obscured the models address, DL number, etc., and we have all of our model releases scanned and available as such.

Since the issuance of the new 2257 regs we are working overtime to re-scan all releases so that they are in compliance with the new regs.

We agree that it is a total violation of the models privacy to release this information, but we also agree with Basschick that it is the law...at least at this point it is, and so, we will comply.

We believe and fervently hope that this new law will never see the light of day as it is full of privacy concerns and virtually impossible to reasonably comply with and to enforce on a large scale basis and we are reasonably confident that the FSC will be successful in their attempt to enjoin it.

That being said, however, we are prepared to comply with it if necessary and to provide to all secondary producers the required 2257 docs.

Bill

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. shelmal's Avatar
    Damn it everytime I have a handle on this I found out I dont. Ok most of my content is ounique and they give the id and info with the content. Ive gotten all sets in a database now but some of them did, well most of them had the SS # and address blocked. Now I thought as long as you had picture ID and the birthdate you were fine. So you need the SS3 as well and the address? great now im back to sqaure one with my database again.

JustMe
    Greetings:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRay
    We are currently in the process of getting all the previous year's IDs rescanned.
    The last time that I talked to Randy at MaxPixels he told me that he wasn't sure if he'd be supplying IDs. I'm glad to see that they've decided to do so, and look forward to getting my hands on them!

Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    has anyone heard from ounique? the i.d.s they supply have the addresses blacked out, which isn't legal as of june 23.
    I wrote Ounique with my order numbers, and within a couple of days they supplied me with unedited IDs for ALL of the sets that I've ever ordered from them (and there were a LOT).

I can't speak highly enough for all of the hard work that Gregory's been doing over there!

Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    citiboyz - now that i look again, i see that i already have all i.d. unblocked from you. thanks
    Steven's been a top notch guy to do business with, and I can't stress that enough. The man sent me a CD via fedex with all of the model IDs, and an excel spreadsheet that has them all organized and cross referenced, and didn't charge me a dime, not even for shipping.

We'll definitely be doing significantly more business with him in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by hdkbill
    We agree that it is a total violation of the models privacy to release this information, but we also agree with Basschick that it is the law...at least at this point it is, and so, we will comply.
    I wrote the guys at GayAdultContent, and they sent me IDs for everything that I've ordered from them as well. We haven't bought a lot from them so far, but we'll sure be relying on them heavily when we start buying up content to build ManAlley.com!

Three cheers to all of the responsible content providers that are in the gay marketplace, showing the str8 guys how it's done!

:thumbsup:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Bill,

Out of interest bud, do you have any bear-ish sets that dont feature bareback? We're looking to purchase around 20-30 sets over the next couple of weeks and would love to send some additional business your way

Regards,

Lee

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Lee,

Thanks for asking. We have lots of "bear-ish" sets that are just solo sets so no bareback action in them of course...just real men solo's, glamour shots, jacking off, sounds, dildos, etc. We also have action sets of "bear-ish" guys that have lots of stuff going on other than just insertion sex that could be used. Those sets do contain some actual bareback insertion shots so those photos you just wouldn't use.

I never have figured out exactly what a "bear" is....seems everyone has their own opinion about that. To me, a "bear" is muscular and hairy. What we don't have are the big overweight kinda of guys. But if you are looking for real men with muscles and hair, yep, we've got plenty that don't contain barebacking.

Hope this helps and we appreciate any business you choose to send our way.

Thanks,

Bill