Thread: Mainstream Article Suggestions?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Mainstream Article Suggestions?

Today i have been looking around a few different webmaster resource sites, from newbie resources to old-timer sites and i found there is a distinct lack of articles and tutorials aimed at the true meaning of 'mainstream' webmastering.

With that in mind im preparing to start getting a bunch of non-adult webmaster related articles written and would love some feedback from you folks as to the type of topics you would like to see covered in them.

So, does anyone have any suggested topics that they would like to see written about from a mainstream perspective and not what the adult industry considers 'mainstream' (herbal stuff, dating etc etc).

Regards,

Lee

Anyone?

I cant beleive nobody has any suggestions for mainstream articles, specially given the current climate in the industry.

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Well frankly I don't really see much of a difference between mainstream and adult... i mean you still need to SEO the shit out of the pages, need a decent appealing design and colour scheme, logo.. and all...

I think that industry wide whether adult or mainstream, there is a dirth of material on how to use ad copy, where to place graphics, how to layout a page, how to do the navigation, how to brand a site... how to choose a sponsor even... all of it is going to be valid whether adult or not... least in my twisted head...

Marketing a product is no different, whether its milk or tight white jeans for guys... you want to extoll the benefits to the consumer... you are still constrained as to sizes and all...

Perhaps though the best would be how to avoid a scam... seems there are more scam artists in mainstream than adult.. but that depends on who you talk to...

So, sorry no helpful hints on articles specially for mainstream...
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

misty3k
    Hi, new poster here, attracted by the term: "Mainstream"; I'm getting into mainstream myself right now, the thing that is the most different is the source of traffic to your sites. With adult, there is a plethora of ways to get potential buyers to our sites, with mainstream--not so much. Search engines (of course), but that's pretty much it. There is nothing like TGP sites for mainstreamers. TGP posting can bring in a lot of instant traffic to your site. In the mainstream, the only thing I have found that is close to that are the "surf for hits" sites. They are time consuming, but it does get hits to your site. Unfortunately, the hits are coming from other webmasters, and generally not potential customers.

~misty

Quote Originally Posted by misty3k
    Hi, new poster here, attracted by the term: "Mainstream"; I'm getting into mainstream myself right now, the thing that is the most different is the source of traffic to your sites. With adult, there is a plethora of ways to get potential buyers to our sites, with mainstream--not so much. Search engines (of course), but that's pretty much it. There is nothing like TGP sites for mainstreamers. TGP posting can bring in a lot of instant traffic to your site. In the mainstream, the only thing I have found that is close to that are the "surf for hits" sites. They are time consuming, but it does get hits to your site. Unfortunately, the hits are coming from other webmasters, and generally not potential customers.

~misty
    Sounds like fodder for your next article Lee - how to get good traffic to mainstream sites.

I like the traffic generation idea too :thumbsup:

Its true that there arent as many ways to generate traffic in non-adult as their are in adult but, what methods there are, if worked correctly can yield some great results.

Also interesting to see the comment about webmasters hitting surfer orientated sites, thats something that i have noticed not only in mainstream but more so in the adult business just lately too.

Regards,

Lee