Thread: Newbie & 2257 overseas

ozziedude

Newbie & 2257 overseas

G'day all - a friend suggested i check out your board - its great !

Okay over the last 3 years ive bought alot of content licensed from American content companies and we have built loads of AEN/ AVS sites all of which are hosted on paid hosting within USA.

We are located in Melbourne Australia - does 2257 effect us in any way ?

We are also putting together a small pay site using some of this content - does the 2257 effect us with this too - we would use CCBill.
    Cheers Paul

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    If you are not a usa citizen, business, are located outside the USA and such I'd say you dont... the hosting though could be tough as ISP's might require it... so a change of host might be worth it... however in regards to the paysite, if you are going to have affiliates, you will need to supply USA webmasters with the proper documents in order for them to market your site... so in a sense yes you are indirectly being forced to comply...

this is not legal advice nor meant as such, merely an opinion of one who really hates the new rules.. in all such matters you should consult a proper attorney who deals with this subject.

oh and welcome to the community, kick back and enjoy.

Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    If non of your business is located inside the USA then you have nothing to worry about.

However, there are wider implications here that havent been mentioned, a few of the larger sponsors require (as stated in their terms of service) that affiliates are in full compliance with the 2257 regulations, you might want to check if your current sponsors mention this anyway.

Regards,

Lee