Thread: how do checks work out for you on your site?

basement

how do checks work out for you on your site?

does your paysite or your revshare sponsors' paysites accept checks? i've
    noticed that our checks are good less than 30% of the time. i don't find
    this very encouraging. on average, what percentage of your check transactions are good?

I gave up on them about 8 months ago and haven't even missed them. If they don't have or know how to use a debit card, then they need to get one or learn how to use it.

Its almost like programming a site to be compatible with WebTV.

i worked for one program where about 33% of the checks went through, and another where 25% went through. if i do checks again, i'm 100% sure i won't be offering that option on trials!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    From what i have gathered, checks do 'ok' nothing more, nothing less.

They are also real easy to cancel payment on and well, surfers, arent as honest as people give them credit for.

Id have to agree with Patti and only offer them on full memberships.

Regards,

Lee

AndyMN
    We took online checks a long time ago but as you know high fruad is a problem, if you switch to just taking personal checks via the post you lose 50% of check revenue but 99% of them are fine

JustBryce
    We don't offer the option to sign-up by check on the join page. We only offer it in the cascade when their credit card has been declined.

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar
    we have checks on full memberships only, no trials.

the problem is because we have such an antiquated ACH check system in this country. there is no electronic/immediate way to determine whether an account has sufficient funds or not. there isn't even a way to determine whether a certain bank account number is real or fake!

even full memberships aren't the answer, you lose out on bandwidth if the customer's check comes back as "Non Sufficient Funds" or "No Such Account" or whatever after a few weeks.

i am currently in the process of developing a smaller, content-restricted members area for check signups and telling the customer that we will upgrade their account automatically to the complete members area after their check clears the bank. when i get the "OK" from our check processor, the automated script will just flip a few flags in the database and allow full access.
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

basement
    good idea haganxy

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Online checks have always been a disaster for us. We gave up on them a long time ago. Never had better than a 30% success rate.

Bill

Dzinerbear
    On my MANcheck sales, almost every single refund that's issued on one of my sales is from an online cheque. And they seem to go in spurts, too, I can have nothing for a week and then get four. If I were running my own paysite the size of UB, I wouldn't bother with them; obviously for a big site like MANcheck the bother is worth it in the end.

dzinerbear