Thread: stolen content

basement

stolen content

when i first started a site with exclusive content, i was shocked when i
    started to find my content being used on galleries and sites. people just
    joined my site to download the content and use it. i emailed their
    sponsors and hosts to have the content removed from their sites.

what do you do when you find stolen content on someone's site?

Dzinerbear
    I grabbed all of their whois information associated with the domain.
    I pasted it in an e-mail.
    I e-mailed them and told them they were infringing on my copyright.
    I told them that if the material was not removed that I would have my lawyer contact them at (insert their physical address) from their whois.
    I also threatened to contact their host and every sponsor on their website along with their billing company.

That was usually enough to get the stuff removed.

dzinerbear

curiousbunny
    Once again related to another thread, that's why its good to "stamp" as i call it heheheh all photos and video with your domain name.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    i prosecute! , i don't mind if you "download" for your own personal use and/or distribute ( my media is marked and encrypted with traceware ) within "filesharesites" ( advertisment ) but to "blatantly" open a site using my "material" for "profit" ( you can ask me for "benefit" material for charities/organizations ) you better have a damn good lawyer!

sincerely ~ ..."what's in your wallet?"...

BDBionic
    I've been pointing out a TopBucks affiliate who uses stolen BelAmi content to promote TopBucks sites for about 2 years now to no avail. Guy still makes endless movie gallery after endless movie gallery with Bel Ami video clips to promote TopBucks sites. *shrugs*

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BDBionic
    I've been pointing out a TopBucks affiliate who uses stolen BelAmi content to promote TopBucks sites for about 2 years now to no avail. Guy still makes endless movie gallery after endless movie gallery with Bel Ami video clips to promote TopBucks sites. *shrugs*

OMG don't tell me that thief is still out there posting his BelAmi DVD rips?

I guess he must be making Top Bucks money

ars and some other companies are very good about contacting the affiliate, and turning off the thief's account if they don't respond quickly.

i have found it uncomfortable to contact the thief. they are very unresponsive or hostile, and sometimes threatening. i neither want to get into a pissing match nor do i want my family threatened.

and in every case, the person was outside the u.s. and beyond my small business' ability to prosecute. python really tried to help me with one guy, but they discovered all the info they had on him was incorrect

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousbunny
    Once again related to another thread, that's why its good to "stamp" as i call it heheheh all photos and video with your domain name.
    Right but, if someone is going to steal your content, removing a watermark is easy to do unless you throw it in the middle of the pic in which case, the content becomes worthless anyway imho.

Regards,

Lee