Thread: Google Sitemaps - This Looks Interesting

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Google Sitemaps - This Looks Interesting

https://www.google.com/webmasters/si.../en/about.html

Im going to have a play with this in a few on another of our domains to see if this adds any weight to how our sites rank.

Would seem, based on the 'shortest distance' rule that you rank higher the easier it is for googlebot to find your site, that this could potentially help in getting some higher se ranks.

Regards,

Lee

GLBTcity

Google Account

Hi Lee,

I agree! I was reading the article this morning.

The only draw back that I saw was that it stipulates you must have a Google account.

Otherwise, very interesting!

It would work well for those that do not have a Blog for sure.

PapaBear

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by GLBTcity
    The only draw back that I saw was that it stipulates you must have a Google account.
    Where abouts did it say that bud? I didnt see that anywhere but admittdly i skipped to the good stuff LOL

Regards,

Lee

GLBTcity

Google Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Where abouts did it say that bud? I didnt see that anywhere but admittdly i skipped to the good stuff LOL

Regards,

Lee
    Shiva also gave an extensive interview to Danny Sullivan over at the SearchEngineWatch Blog. In it, Shiva iterates that the Sitemaps program's current beta state; he won't guarantee each submitted URL would be crawled. He did indicate that this was something they were working toward, however.

As mentioned, in order to participate in Sitemaps, you have to have a Google account and you have to place an XML file on the webserver being used by your site. This is done in order to inform Google's crawlers of what URLs to look for and how often these pages change. As pointed out by Rusty, over at SocialPatterns.com, SEM Michael Nguyen broke down an example of his Sitemaps' XML code, line-by-line; in order to shed some light on what's actually being done.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Hmm, well I went to check it out and as I do have a Google account, wasn't a problem but I didn't see where it was a requirement, they do say it is preferred but didn't see where it said a must have...

I too will be looking at it as it could be an easy way to get crawled and sooner, specially for new sites... still it does seem more geared towards them techie types but could be one more interesting avenue for getting listed.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online