Thread: Amazing what a difference a color can make

dannyz

Amazing what a difference a color can make

Hey all,

I just wanted to say we just changed the background color at http://www.gayasianamateurs.com from brown to white, and added some fresh new models to the tour, and the sales suddenly sky rocketed...I'm not talking about a few more sales, it's like they went through the f%*king roof!

There are other factors involved in the increase of course, but I never realized how making a simple change like could make such a big difference.

Cheers,
    DannyZ

Love the new look! Congrats on bringing in the bling with the new design!

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    color is truly amazing! , and depending upon which "color" you use , you can actually "influence!" people's emotions! , now the color i use to get them to use their credit card is...

jim

dannyz
    Thanks Bec and Jim,

Yeah brown evokes the scent of coffee and chocolate for me, both of which are quite delicous and addictive! So perhaps that has something to do with it? The other amazing thing is that the color change makes it look like a whole new site, which also may be making the customers think they are seeing something fresh and new...whatever it is, I hope it keeps up LOL!

This is the first time I've tried a brown background on a site, anybody else have certain colors that work well for them? Before I've always stuck to black and white which work, but maybe it's not a bad idea to switch colors every couple of months...

white, black and red work best for me - that's a real marlboro red. for some niches, i've had luck with blues, but not purplish blues or greenish blues.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    If you do a search on the community forum you should find an article i wrote a year or two back about the pshycological effects colors can have on people moods

Regards,

Lee

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    I've alwys liked the color of green....you know, the type that is on a dollar bill. :cheese: I've never understood why people call money "cold, hard, cash".....I've always found that shade of green to be warm and soft and very reassuring.

Seriously tho, lots of studies have been done on the psycological effects of color in the marketplace. Gold is a color that is considered a "buying color"....the colors being used by you Danny tend to have some gold in it......looks like it's working.

Congrats,

Bill

dannyz
    Bill,

Very interesting points on the 'Gold' philosophy...It's certainly worked for Mcdonald's LOL. How they grew to be such a huge company with restaurants in so many countries serving bland junk food can only be attributed to good marketing and use of color (hence the 'golden' arches LOL)!

Lee or anyone else have the link to that article? I'd like to read it but wasn't successful in my search.

Try here for like 3 pages of links to articles about Color Theory and Web Design