Thread: They are at it AGAIN!

Madame0120

They are at it AGAIN!

Those pesky Fundies are at it again. Those of us in the BDSM/Leather community would like to bring to your attention the Illinois Family Institute, a Christian Org that just can't seem to stop hasseling our Friends for the consentual choices they make.

International Mr. Leather Event vs The Fundies

Miller Beer, Kraft Foods and the Hayatt Hotels Corp. are also on this group's hit list. It was nice for the IFI to post the phone #s to these most caring sponcers, so we can all call and say thanks for their support.

Respectfully Submitted,

Madame

Dzinerbear
    Geez ... I read with eagerness because their warning promised: "WARNING: This report contains some graphic descriptions of heinous behaviors." But alas, I found no heinous behaviour. If they want heinous behaviour they should come to one of my parties.

dzinerbear

Camper than a row of tents
    This is just fuel to get the protesters out in full force.

I for one would like to see the police use the same authority to get rid of them as the President's security uses to get rid of anti-Bush protesters. You show up at a Bush rally wearing a pro-Democrat shirt and you are gone. The same should happen to anti-gays at gay events.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Thanks for posting this Madame. There's a great organization "The National Coalition for Sexual Freedom" who is working on protecting our rights.

http://www.ncsfreedom.org/

I'm surprised that we haven't heard more about them in the adult webmaster community.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    there are times i just want to smack myself for endorsing "free-speech!" , but i guess they are entitiled to their "opinions" as much as we are! , i just wish we were more "animate!" about shutting them down as much as they seem to be about us! , i always hope the world somehow "balances" itself out and the real truth comes to "light!"

sincerely ~ ..."practice what you preach!"...

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt 26z
    This is just fuel to get the protesters out in full force.

I for one would like to see the police use the same authority to get rid of them as the President's security uses to get rid of anti-Bush protesters. You show up at a Bush rally wearing a pro-Democrat shirt and you are gone. The same should happen to anti-gays at gay events.
    The thing is they feed on that kind of power. Any excuse to say how they were mistreated by us gives them power for the cause. "here I am, innocently standing there when the awful gay people terrorize me". Forget the fact that they are calling us names with the bullhorn and holding signs with hurtful slogans on them. The worst thing you can do is totally ignore them. Give then none of your power and they will starve.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Dzinerbear
    Don't forget, they believe they're doing God's work and they'll be rewarded when they get to heaven - a bigger mansion or more jewels in their crowns. Not much different than the promise of 70 virgins that got a bunch of guys to drive a couple of planes into a couple of buildings.

dzinerbear

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Back in 2001 while I was living in Palm Springs, Rev Fred Phelps decided to come to Palm Springs to protest a Gay Memorial that we were dedicating at one of our local cemeteries.

I created a site called www.revphelpssucks.com An archive of it can be found at:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200107171...elpssucks.com/

We had a lot of fun with that site for a few months and really pissed the old bastard off.

Sometimes ya just got to fight back! :yeah:

Bill

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hdkbill
    Back in 2001 while I was living in Palm Springs, Rev Fred Phelps decided to come to Palm Springs to protest a Gay Memorial that we were dedicating at one of our local cemeteries.

I created a site called www.revphelpssucks.com An archive of it can be found at:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200107171...elpssucks.com/

We had a lot of fun with that site for a few months and really pissed the old bastard off.

Sometimes ya just got to fight back! :yeah:

Bill
    That is awesome you created that site. He was at Matthew Shepards funeral when we went. It was horrible seeing signs that said Matt Burn In Hell etc. He teaches pure hate and nothing else.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Mark,

Yeah, we got a lot of positive feedback from that site. Phelps is one of the worst harge mongerers I've ever seen and I couldn't stand the thought of him and his ilk coming to Palm Springs.

As it turns out, he was a no show and only a few of his followers came to town and they were ignored by the gay community and the straight community. I like to think that perhaps the site had something to do with his changing his mind and not showing up. The temps when his followers showed up were around 110 degrees and they just about died out there in the heat. They didn't stay in town very long.

Bill