Thread: Who has Tivo ?

curiousbunny

Who has Tivo ?

I don't have tivo but i do have a tv capture card on my desktop that
    has a scheduling program to save my shows to MPEG2. I usually watch them on my computer but id b nice 2 watch them on my tv w/out burning a dvd.
    Who loves tivo ?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousbunny
    I don't have tivo but i do have a tv capture card on my desktop that
    has a scheduling program to save my shows to MPEG2. I usually watch them on my computer but id b nice 2 watch them on my tv w/out burning a dvd.
    Who loves tivo ?
    I have Tivi and love it but when the new XBox 360 comes out in November it will be replacing my Tivo because it will do everything the Tivo does without the monthly fee.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

curiousbunny
    wow kewl good 2 know maybe ill get that as well

Mamakity
    I'm a Tivo Junkie! Love it. Get it!

JustBryce
    Tivo is the best thing ever. I have two hdtivo boxes and can record 4 shows at a time and I still don't have enough room to get everything I want. I'm sick.

NewBoyToyMatt
    I LOVE my Tivo! I can't live without it.

With the new Home Media Option, you can stream music from your PC to your Tivo. Also, you can view any pics that are on your PC on your TV if you have a home network.

Top Cat
    I made the mistake of signing up for generic DVR service from Dish Network. The problem is, they don't offer Season Pass so if you want to record a show regularly, you have to do a laborious search for it each time, on a week-to-week basis. And you can't set it to automatically record shows based on keywords. I called up their customer service to complain, and said I would have signed up for Direct TV if I had known. The woman at Dish told me unequivocally that Direct TV does NOT offer Tivo but a similar generic service. She was wrong and completely unsympathetic. But now I'm in a one-year contract, so I'm stuck.

For God's sake, don't make the same mistake!!! Learn from my tragic story.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com
    I have Tivi and love it but when the new XBox 360 comes out in November it will be replacing my Tivo because it will do everything the Tivo does without the monthly fee.

Mark
    Interesting i never knew that!

Might be time to upgrade to the 360 too come November

Regards,

Lee

krusher
    Tivo has changed the way I watch tv. Must have.

Goldie
    I truely love my Tivo! I have the version that comes with DirecTv, so it has two tuners. This comes in handy when I want to record two shows on at the same time. I hardly ever watch live TV anymore. I'd rather watch it on my schedule and skip all the commercials.... The only drawback is all the networks that have been adding 1-2 minutes to popular shows (like Lost and Desperate Housewives) causing them to run over into the next hour and potentially mess up recording shows on other channels... But with two tuners, I can usually work around this too!

Love that Tivo!!

Marc

Corey Bryant
    We have a 40 hr TiVo, a 80 hr TiVo, and a VCR (just for Tuesday nights when all those shows are on). And in a couple of weeks, we will be getting the HD DVR from Time Warner as well.

Yeah - I know, I watch too much TV.

Mindy
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcgoldie22
    I truely love my Tivo! I have the version that comes with DirecTv, so it has two tuners. This comes in handy when I want to record two shows on at the same time. I hardly ever watch live TV anymore. I'd rather watch it on my schedule and skip all the commercials.... The only drawback is all the networks that have been adding 1-2 minutes to popular shows (like Lost and Desperate Housewives) causing them to run over into the next hour and potentially mess up recording shows on other channels... But with two tuners, I can usually work around this too!

Love that Tivo!!

Marc
    Marc and I are Tivo junkies!! We are always chatting about one show or another!! I have a 40 hr one I was thinking of stepping up...Im an insomniac so Tivo becomes quite essential..Also yesterday my satalite went out during a huge storm, but no worries I watched 3 hrs of General Hospital.

Couldn't live without my Tivo! It's a lifesaver when we're unexpectedly out and miss our regular shows. Although now everything is a summer re-run, so there's not much out there to watch.