Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: We're Cleaning House - Please Read!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF? We're Cleaning House - Please Read!

Starting later this afternoon im going to be purging old accounts on the GWW Community.

What does this mean? Simple.. If you have a GWW Community account that has been 'inactive' for the last 3 months, its going to be deleted.

Inactive means the following:

1) Havent posted at least 1 message on the general forum.
    2) Havent visited the GWW community.
    3) Bounces back the weekly GWW Bulletin as underliverable.
    4) You are a banned member.

This is for several reasons, the primay reason being that we have noticed a LOT of accounts are logged in and reading the help and advice being given out on the GWW community but, the same people who are willingly taking (and using) the advice and information that our regular contributors are not giving anything back to the GWW community as a whole.

I am also going to purge those accounts who have been active but, have only sent PM's in the last 3 months usually this means that someone has read a post by one of our community members and, rather than posting in the thread, they have sent a URL via private message to their own program. To me, this is, in effect, a spamming technique and not something that i feel our community members should have to deal with.

In addition, i would also like to take this moment to ask everyone to check their community profile and ensure that your email address and contact details are up to date.

Im going to be sending a broadcast message to every GWW community member in the next few minutes advising them of this cleanup, if the message bounces, you will be added to the remove list.

If you have an account and want to use the information that everyone so freely shares on the GWW community, you need to give back to the community also. We are all here to make money, we can all make a lot more if everyone contributes in addition to receives help and advice.

Regards,

Lee

hopefully this will motivate some of the lurkers to join us in some threads.

come out, come out, where ever you are...

TheLegacy
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    hopefully this will motivate some of the lurkers to join us in some threads.

come out, come out, where ever you are...

I didnt know if being too damn good lookin was reason enough to get banned

EddiePulp
    in that case, I better stop by and say HELLO

bndguyinla

Ok

Ok so how can we tell if we are on that list?

SexyScribe
    Ok, you got me! I'm out! Hi, everyone!

Dee-MFM
    Well, I can see you have a point, but you may have overlooked something. Although some people feel more comfortable reading, rather than posting, they are still contributing. They are still giving the banners impressions, they are probably clicking on banners and signatures and for all you know they could be recommending you to others.

With discussion boards in the adult industry, there are a lot more ways to contribute to the community other than just posting. That is just my 2 cents. I mean, the object is to keep people coming, and something like this could have an adverse affect and they may go elsewhere to "just read" and then you end up losing impressions, traffic etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bndguyinla
    Ok so how can we tell if we are on that list?
    If you have logged in to GWW in the last 3 months, you are not on it.

If you have posted in the last 3 months, you are not on it.

If you have done stuff other than send PM's in the last 3 months, you are not on it.

If you arent banned and can post, you arent on it.

Basically, people who want to keep their account, simply have to 'log in' and they will be fine.

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Dee-MFM
    Well, I can see you have a point, but you may have overlooked something. Although some people feel more comfortable reading, rather than posting, they are still contributing. They are still giving the banners impressions, they are probably clicking on banners and signatures and for all you know they could be recommending you to others.

With discussion boards in the adult industry, there are a lot more ways to contribute to the community other than just posting. That is just my 2 cents. I mean, the object is to keep people coming, and something like this could have an adverse affect and they may go elsewhere to "just read" and then you end up losing impressions, traffic etc.
    I agree.

That is why to remain a current member, all somebody has to do is 'log in'

I cant make it any easier for people than that

Regards,

Lee

Lesnoi
    :goseek:

Dzinerbear
    So in other words, people who haven't been here for three months? That's pretty reasonable. I'm sure these boards get a lot of drive-by sign-ups, so it's probably not a bad idea to clean up every once in a while.

It would be great though if we could haul some of these lurkers out of hiding.

dzinerbear

SuziQT
    OK, logged in and posting. Hi All! :cute:

MacDaddy
    Yep, i haven't posted in months... i'd like to say i've been busy, but not really. I read all the time. I've been reading from another computer that doesn't log into boards when i come... and i'm far too lazy to look up my user and pass. So now, Lee, you've forced me to do something about it. Maybe i'll start posting again :hmmph:

Quote Originally Posted by MacDaddy
    Yep, i haven't posted in months... i'd like to say i've been busy, but not really. I read all the time. I've been reading from another computer that doesn't log into boards when i come... and i'm far too lazy to look up my user and pass. So now, Lee, you've forced me to do something about it. Maybe i'll start posting again :hmmph:
    See the first line of your sig stud

Regards,

Lee

MacDaddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    See the first line of your sig stud

Regards,

Lee

LOL, i removed my sig just as you posted that!! LOL