Thread: Startup Costs For Adult Webmasters?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Check It Out Startup Costs For Adult Webmasters?

Does anyone have any idea of the type of startup costs involved in being an adult webmaster these days?

HuskyHunks thread about newer webmasters got me thinking about this and im amazed at just how little it costs these days for a newbie to enter the industry.

I remember when i started out i thought it was relatively cheap to get started but, looking back to then, the amount of time and money i put in to my business seems astronomical compared to what it is today.

That being said, i wondered how much everyone here spent on becoming an adult webmaster, would you care to share your initial startup costs with us and lets see who spent what in getting started

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Hmm, well I started back when computers had memory measured in kb not megs, speed was in baud rates, ... but for me the start up costs were hosting at $25 a month plus domain registration for $35 a year... internet connection was old dial up at $22 a month, so things have indeed gone way down... but the time involved has really increased... Few good avs sites back then paid for it all, not anymore... way more work involved.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

FreshChecks
    There's still a lot of money to made. And there's enough for everyone.

:mexican:

FreshChecks
    Sponsors usually have everything you need.

The rest is up to how hard you would like to work.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Back in 96 our first paysite cost over 15k to develop. We had to have the server even dial out to a bank in Cali to approve transactions which also had to be developed. Most things are SO much easier and cheaper now but then again so much more complicated and competitive.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!

nothing

mine cost me nothing.

it was back in the days as mentioned - $25 dollar hosting etc.

not sure i was sure what i was actually doing, but i had a homepage on the net and made it into a pay site within a week of putting it up - made $500 the first week, then on and on.

by the time my credit card company billed me for my $25 i had made $2000 (i loved the good old days)
    http://www.sockstarsonline.com - Socks, Feet & Sneakers Fetish website

i started with $100 per month hosting - we were already marketing our phone sex numbers in print, and had bought several slides, but it took us around six weeks to get a grasp of html, so i paid a guy $25 periodically to make some new pages.

you can get 5 mbps from one host i know for $50 per month, and if you start out with sponsor content, you can make galleries in most niches every day with that, plus free sites. and you can always buy some cheap content for very little.

Dzinerbear
    In April 2003, I started with five picture sets from Ounique, a domain name, and a $50 host, which I quickly changed to a $25 host. So I think my initial investment was $250-300.

If you wanted to and you can produce websites your self, you really could get started in this business with nothing more than a domain name and a host. (Assuming you have Dreamweaver, Photoshop, or whatever software you need.) Put up a page called Big Cocks are Fun, fill it full of free hosted galleries and text links and build some free sites to start sending traffic to it.

If you can't build sites yourself, you'd better learn or you'll go broke paying people. And you'll be frustrated at the lack of control you have over your site. Everything you will want to do will be "hurry up and wait."

cheers
    dzinerbear

It wasn't all that expensive to start up a site, basically a $9 domain name, $25 for a couple sets and I think the first adult host we had was like $10 bucks ... with like 5 gig of BW ...which we blew thru in a hurry of course the first time one of our galleries hit the Hun! Talk about humpin to upgrade our hosting package in a couple hours ... LOL

Biggest investment is the time. Time to learn the jargon and niches, time to find and read all the boards, look through content, see what various sponsors offered, time to figure out how to build and market the free sites, link sites, and so on. And it's ongoing ... that investment in time to learn and improve what you're doing on a daily basis.

And I heartily agree with Michael, anyone getting into this that can't build a few graphics and a web page and then be able to ftp their own site pages will be at a severe disadvantage.