Thread: Gay Reading - Just Lost My First Domain Backorder Today

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Gay Reading - Just Lost My First Domain Backorder Today

Had hoped to pick this domain up through backorder but it looks like someone else beat me to it

I have about 4 others on the list at the moment waiting to be grabbed so hopefully one of them will come in LOL

A shame to because that domain had multiple uses for m, a gay story site and, its the city i used to live in, in the UK

Regards,

Lee

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Interestingly enough, Lee, I actually just won a backorder auction for a domain i had been scouting for some time... which is unusual because i have lost so many to "other's backorders"..

and it has resulted in a nice chunk of traffic. I like to look for domains that i know are embedded in the net, and really concentrate on domains that have been around since the early days....on sites that are no longer updated, but still have traffic, etc... as this one was. We are averaging about 400 hits a day from this one alone. got it for $160 after the auction... not a bad advertising expense/return ratio.

good luck with your domain hunting.. it's fun, frustrating, and sometimes, we get lucky and actually get the rewards from all our domain name lurking..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Tom yeah i hoping to pick up a few with existing traffic or at least a couple of typeins a day hehe.

Im thinking about having a script written that will let me choose the best domains that are due to expire and look up whether or not they have any se listings, traffic rank or pr. Thats usually a good indicator as to whether they have any residual traffic or not and ultimately, whether they are worth the initial investment

Regards,

Lee

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar

Good Shit

Lee, have you looked at snap names search function on domains about to expire? I think it has some interesting possibilities for mining domain names..

there are scripts that are already written that will do the backordering for you and apparantly they are quite effective too. If you want a URL let me know & I will dig it out of my bookmarks.

cheers,
    Luke

JustMe
    Greetings:

These scripts are a bad bad idea, and are the reason why I ended up registering stupid domains like "posthumously.com".

HAHA.....too funny!!! But I know you will come up with a killer idea for that site soon

cheers,
    Luke