Thread: No files from Jet Set

GLBTcity

No files from Jet Set

Hi all,

Just in!

Jet Set Productions will not be providing model information/files to secondary producers.

Jet Set is the producer of Wet Palms and many other videos.

Guess that means no more Jet Set streaming video!

PapaBear

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Thats going to hurt a lot of places such as Naked Sword who carry over their movie titles

Its also kind of weird considering the 2257 is going to be needed by distributors so i guess that means Jet Set will no longer be selling their titles in stores now too?

Regards,

Lee

GLBTcity

Re: Secondary Producer Records

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Thats going to hurt a lot of places such as Naked Sword who carry over their movie titles

Its also kind of weird considering the 2257 is going to be needed by distributors so i guess that means Jet Set will no longer be selling their titles in stores now too?

Regards,

Lee
    It's hard to imagine Lee. But we got the fax and it's from their legal representative and clearly states:

"Despite General Gonzalez' efforts at reviving the concept of "secondary producers" in the most recent version of regulations in support of 18 U.S.C. 2257, the concept is not supported by the statute itself. The only case addressing the issue, Sundance Assocs. Inc. v. Reno, 139 F.3d 804, 807 (10thCir.1998), held that the "secondary producer" requirements of the regulations to be unconstitutional. We rely on that holding, and further decline to violate the privacy of the performing artistis by disseminating private data when not required to do so by law."

Now unless I'm not reading that correctly, it pretty much says, "You're S.O.L. if you think you're going to get the records."

Aren't companies such as AEBN (for example) considered a "secondary producer" if they're streaming Jet Set videos? And if so, that pretty well "nips it in the bud."

PapaBear

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by GLBTcity
    We rely on that holding, and further decline to violate the privacy of the performing artistis by disseminating private data when not required to do so by law."
    Their legal council isnt very good IMHO.

They seem to be under the impression that they dont have to distribute the models info by law, which isnt the case LOL

Regards,

Lee

GLBTcity

Other Topic

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Their legal council isnt very good IMHO.

They seem to be under the impression that they dont have to distribute the models info by law, which isnt the case LOL

Regards,

Lee
    Hi Lee,

You might want to check out the post from hdkbill and our comments under that post. JD isn't "god" (forgive me for using his name if it offends anyone), but he does know his sh*t.

PapaBear

I actually agree with their legal councils premise, and have been advised the same. Oddly enough my second legal opinion countered the first. I haven't put out for a third yet :high: We are all basically targets until legal action has begun in the courts on 2257.

I'm not one to tell another how to do business BUT I would hope they have G rated stuff out there to help them along for those who want to promote their products.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Perhaps that since the owner and president of Jet Set is on the board of FSC, he is drawing strength in the opinions of the team of First Ammendment Attorneys tasked with filing the lawsuit and for injunctions against the new form of 2257?

I think they are also holding out pretty much certain that an injunction will happen, covering this very issue, and they don't want to release model information to the masses when the probability of that happening is very very good.

I'll bet that when it comes down to it, and in the unlikely event that an injunction is not issued, and this part of the reg shot down, they'll do whatever it takes to comply. They are a very very meticulous company, they keep very accurate records, are very fastidious with their record keeping, and are self evaluated by their attorney regularly to insure they are within compliance.

I would not be quick to write off Jet Set as a bunch of nuts at this point.. I think they are being careful, and remember.....it's not June 23rd yet.

JMHO

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by tombarr
    . I think they are being careful, and remember.....it's not June 23rd yet. JMHO
    I agree! I've got my ducks in a row .. as best I can and I'm not going to change anything till I KNOW the BS is actual.

The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is inefficiency. An efficient bureaucracy is the greatest threat to liberty.
    Eugene McCarthy
    US politician (1916 -1971 )