Thread: CCBill updates their AUP for 2257

CCBill updates their AUP for 2257

Posted June 9th, 2005 10:14:27, by CCBill Management
    IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING UPDATED CCBILL AND CCBILL EU AUP
    Due to the revised U.S.C. 2257 scheduled to take effect on June 23, 2005 we have updated our AUP and changed our policy regarding material uploaded to our Customized CCBill Subscription (Join) Forms.

With regards to our CCBill and CCBill EU AUP updates, we have added the following verbiage to the “Section 3: Violation of CCBill Policy:”

K. Websites must comply with the 18 U.S.C. 2257. Clients must determine their legal responsibility to and method of complying with 18 U.S.C. 2257 where required to do so.

L. Any material uploaded to a CCBill subscription page, (aka “join page”) must be non-sexual in nature, and may only include non-nude individuals. CCBill reserves the right to review and reject any material for any reason.

If you wish to view the entire version of our current CCBill AUP please click here

Please rest assured that the subscription page change (noted as “L” above) does not take away your unique ability to create your own customized, CCBill sign up forms with the same look and feel as your website. This change will only place specific limits on the types of images you may now offer on your customized subscription forms.

This afternoon, we will email notify those Clients who are currently utilizing the Customized Form options with full details of how this change may affect their current subscription forms.

If you have any further questions regarding this new policy, or any questions regarding other CCBill services and solutions, please feel free to contact clientsupport@ccbill.com.

Many thanks for your attention to this matter.

The Staff at CCBill.Com
    I have no idea why they are including ccbilleu sites, I can understand about their custom join pages (L) but (K) is saying they are forcing non-USA businesses using their EU processing arm to comply with 2257 laws????

Any ccbill reps here? Care to comment?

cheers,
    Luke

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Id figure because despite them being based in the EU they most likely have ties to the US

Regards,

Lee

I wrote them about this and recieved a very quick response. After re-reading their AUP, I realise that this is "policy regarding material uploaded to our Customized CCBill Subscription (Join) Forms".

cheers,
    Luke