Thread: Giveaways

kcwebwerks

Giveaways

Just curious as to how many people have "giveaways" that they hand out at shows or send out to their customers.

I got an offer in the mail for customized pens. Has my company name and phone number on top of an American flag (they had different graphics to choose from, but the flag was the only one that I liked). I thought it might be a good thing to take with me to Internext and to send out to customers on occasion. Never can have too many pens right?

Dzinerbear
    Someone in Phoenix was handing out packs of rolling papers with their logo on the pack. That's pretty useful, I guess. I'm not really up on these things.

dzinerbear

I think every booth had some sort of "give-a-way". Pens are a good choice because people are always forgetting to carry one around and next thing you know you meet someone and need to write down a phone number.

I know a lot of stuff was added to some tote bags they handed out at the door, not sure who was allowed to put promo materials in them ... maybe someone else can answer how that is handled.

Ask Jasun about what he gave away at the last show

cheers,
    Luke

kcwebwerks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost
    Ask Jasun about what he gave away at the last show

cheers,
    Luke
    Wasn't it a cd business card or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by kcwebwerks
    Wasn't it a cd business card or something like that?
    .... I think he's using his last "giveaway" footage to make those cd biz cards for the next show :juggle:

Dzinerbear
    If Jasun was giving it away, I want a re-play because I was there and I didn't get any.

dzinerbear

kcwebwerks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    If Jasun was giving it away, I want a re-play because I was there and I didn't get any.

dzinerbear
    I got a little of something that he was giving away, but not near enough!

Dzinerbear
    Oh, he won't be happy that you used the word "little."

dz

I got a little of something that he was giving away, but not near enough!
    me thinks someone knows what I was inferring

cheers,
    Luke

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    We've given out a range of things at past shows, pens, tshirts, condoms and to be honest, the condoms were the best item that people remembered.

You should try to do something 'small' from a webmasters perspective because getting all that extra stuff in your suitcase when you depart is a nightmare LOL

Thats why i liked the Pride Bucks lighters, they were small and usefull and we still have a couple in the office here from 2 years ago that work LOL

Regards,

Lee

kcwebwerks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Thats why i liked the Pride Bucks lighters, they were small and usefull and we still have a couple in the office here from 2 years ago that work LOL

Regards,

Lee
    The lighters isn't a bad idea except that as of April 18th, you can no longer have lighters on an airplane. It would suck to know that those who were flying home from the event had their lighters removed from their luggage and that all of those lighters you had made were sitting in a bucket at the airport.

But for now, I have about 750 pens to do something with. I really do hope that I make it to internext, else I'm going to have pens for LIFE!

kcwebwerks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec

I know a lot of stuff was added to some tote bags they handed out at the door, not sure who was allowed to put promo materials in them ... maybe someone else can answer how that is handled.

Well I found the answer... $1000 - $1600 just for the privilage of putting a product that I have to pay for, into the tote bags. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that! Luke had a clever suggestion that I think I'll consider instead .

Well I found the answer... $1000 - $1600 just for the privilage of putting a product that I have to pay for, into the tote bags. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that! Luke had a clever suggestion that I think I'll consider instead .
    Yikes! Lotta $$$$ to drop in a pen or biz card.

Luke had a clever suggestion that I think I'll consider instead .
    I think my suggestion is a lot more fun

cheers,
    Luke