Thread: domain resellers???

krusher

domain resellers???

I was thinking about getting into reselling domains. I know I have seen some talk about it here before but I was wondering if anyone has some advice on different programs out there. I was looking at godaddys(wild west domains). Thoughts, comments?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Its a lot of hassle and to be honest, really not worth it.

The domain marketplace is extremely hard to get in to in order to make any 'serious' money unless you can latch on to noobs.

Diretnic, Joker, GoDaddy and a few others pretty much have the market wrapped up.

Regards,

Lee

curiousbunny
    I tried godaddy's wild west domains program about three years ago. It is a nice program but the competion is tough :O) like any other industry I guess. My advice to you is give it a shot it might work out 4 u if u put a ton of effort into it.
    gluck.

Think I agree that it'd be a tough market to bust into now. One thought is to setup a mainstream webmaster info site where you combine the following:

1. Hosting Reseller
    2. Domain Name Registration
    3. Website Template Reseller
    4. Include pages that they bookmark that have the working scripts installed for things like "who is", page rank, meta generator, htaccess generator, etc ... as well as the downloads for those tools.
    5. Links for free scripts, counters, html help, news feeds, and free sticky content - use a linklist script that you fill in with some quality sites, and then allow others to list their resource with a link exchange.
    6. Bring in some free feeds (articles) that are out there regarding site design and marketing tips. And if you're an expert in some aspect of all this - do a blog on that area.
    7. Signup with Commission Junction and Linkshare - feature a few ads for lateral items, IE: design software, tutorial software

krusher
    Thanks Bec, I was thinking along the same lines. Selling the domains in some kind of "package" including other things. Where do you guys buy most of your domains from? I mean, Lee, Just me and a few others I have seen make comments on buying domains (I am interested in buying domains myself to try and sell them) do you guys have programs that you buy from, run, or just buy them anywhere? Just thought that I could make a couple of $ messing around on it, but I am not thinking of getting rich off of it. Just wanted to see some opinions on it. Thanks guys.

curiousbunny
    I don't have 2K domains like my friend brian but
    if and when i do buy i get them from godaddy

GLBTcity

2 Good Points

Bec is right and so is curiousbunny.

LOT of effort and time and not a lot of $$$

The old saying "Day Late and a Dollar Short" comes to mind for me.

However, I suppose anything is worth giving a shot if you have the time and energy to put into it.

And you're thinking of bidding (back ordering) on domains on top of it? And then hope you sell them or wind up sitting on them?

A well thought out business plan would draw a nice picture for you probably.

PapaBear