Thread: A question of moral ?

Soonnow

A question of moral ?

I have a member that has never logged in ?!?
    - He's just renewed his (recurring) membership for the third time (10$)

I've tried mailing him at the mail-adress stored by CCBill, but no answer...

Should I just terminate his membership, OR keep taking his free money ?

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    You have emailed him and the rebilling continues, so he's made his choice... now if the email had come back as undeliverable maybe I'd reconsider the choice, but as you didn't say it had, just that he never answered, I'd let it be. It is their choice...

I have a few who have done that... why I haven't a clue but they do and that is a carry over from years now.. so to me there is no moral obligation or question really... you have done the right thing by contacting them, they have made their choice by not replying and by not cancelling... which in a sense is perhaps their answer?

just my opinion though.
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Quote Originally Posted by Soonnow
    I have a member that has never logged in ?!?
    - He's just renewed his (recurring) membership for the third time (10$)

I've tried mailing him at the mail-adress stored by CCBill, but no answer...

Should I just terminate his membership, OR keep taking his free money ?

Make the decision you can live with. Is it worth your cut of this $10 to feel guilty?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Dzinerbear
    In my mind, you need not feel badly about this. You've tried to contact him. Just perhaps keep copies of the e-mail.

But regardless, doesn't ccbill e-mail the customer every time they're going to rebill? It seems to me that whenever I've had a recurring membership with ccbill, they've e-mailed me telling that they've charge my account again.

Don't sweat it. Perhaps the guy continues to renew because he intends to get to the site, but just forgets again.

dzinerbear

I've cancelled memberships when they remain inactive for a few months. The chargeback fees are getting so outrageous anymore, I hate to risk it. Sometimes they think they've cancelled and freak out months later. Sometimes their spam filters block purchase receipts or rebill notices. I think its just good business to cancel it, email them and tell them why (out of an abundance of caution), and then invite them to join again if they choose.

I had a member a few years ago that suddenly became inactive, yet continued to be rebilled. Email went unanswered, I cancelled his billing, emailed the reason, and 3 months later got a reply from his boyfriend, thanking me for doing that, because the guy had passed away.

I guess I'm just saying that there could be a myriad of reasons a membership is never used or becomes inactive, and you should weigh the benefits as opposed to the drawbacks.

Soonnow
    Quote Originally Posted by MWCren
    The chargeback fees are getting so outrageous anymore, I hate to risk it. Sometimes they think they've cancelled and freak out months later.
    Yes, it's something like that I'm afraid of...
    - Ah well, I'll mail him a couple of times more, and if he hasn't reacted
    I'll dump him after the next rebilling :$$$:

Soonnow
    UPDATE:
    Just checked the stats, and finally, today he's made his first appearance
    - Is "he", in fact, one of you guys :mental: