Thread: Ounique's request to barter my content

basement

Ounique's request to barter my content

Anybody else here have content for sale on ounique? How do you feel about their request to barter your content for programming services to meet their 2257 requirements?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Huh?

You mean they offered your content in exchange for becoming 2257 compliant?

Why are they only just getting around to this now is what id like to know :uhoh:

Regards,

Lee

basement
    Dear Ounique Friends and Photographers,

We desperately need your assistance.

New strict 2257 record keeping requirements are scheduled to go into effect June 23 and we are working day and night (literally...we have had our staff here working at 2:00 in the morning) to implement the changes required...but we need MORE help!

The new law require us to implement some very expensive programming changes to collect all of the URL where the images appear on the Internet and requires us to have a system to cross reference this data with the date of production, model's name, all of model's alias names and date-of-birth for each set or video we have received from you and would like to continue to license on our site. Going through each photoset and video clip to gather and input this information is very time consuming and we have estimated that it will take over 2160 hours (which for comparison, if one person dedicated 8 hours a day to this task would take him 270 days.) We are not asking for your assistance in collecting and inputting this information; however the programmers we work with have proposed a barter deal whereby they would use our content on their own adult websites in exchange for assisting us with the programming and a portion of the data collection and input.

I would like to ask for permission to use your content in this barter agreement.

The programmers would not be allowed to resell or re-license the content in any way...but only to use the content on their own sites. The programmers are not customers of ours and have never purchased any content from us....so you would not be losing out on a "lost sale" to them.

I believe that this will be a WIN-WIN deal for everyone, including you, as you would not need to shoulder any of the responsibility in organizing or inputting data for your models. And if you would need a copy of the data we are collecting for your content we would be happy to provide it to you as soon as it is complete.

Thank you in advance for your participation. We are asking for 100% participation from all of our suppliers so please sign and return the attached form via mail or fax TODAY....as the June 23 deadline is coming up fast and we would like to be able to keep our current inventory of content on ounique.com

Jeff White

1626 N. Wilcox Ave #178

Los Angeles, CA 90028

fax: 323-461-3310

If you would like to read up on the new law you can find it here http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2...5/05-10107.htm

Does seem a lil late. Giving away our stuff to pay for the programming is what they are proposing.

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basement
    The programmers are not customers of ours and have never purchased any content from us....so you would not be losing out on a "lost sale" to them.
    Well of course ....duh...they're being given content and making money off of it....getting the full value of their programming time in content that will pay them for an unspecified length of time...

I believe that this will be a WIN-WIN deal for everyone, including you, as you would not need to shoulder any of the responsibility in organizing or inputting data for your models.
    would not need to shoulder the input of data on our models? Isn't that part of the service you provide for the commission you are paid to broker our content? We all have to shoulder the burden of doing the same thing with our content on our own record keeping system, so what makes you feel as if we owe you to help organize and input data on our models?

We are asking for 100% participation from all of our suppliers so please sign and return the attached form via mail or fax TODAY....
    So essentially, "we want you all to give away your content, and donate it to our programming expenses and time that we should have been investing in this very task for the last year that these regulations have been proposed.. but we did not..., so can you please forgo any commissions on this content until this is done so we can cover our butts?"

...as the June 23 deadline is coming up fast and we would like to be able to keep our current inventory of content on ounique.com...
    Is this a veiled threat..."if you don't help us, don't count on your content being found on our website?"

imo ounique should have started taking care of this long ago. we knew these legal changes were threatening months ago, and they could have hired one CAREFUL guy to take care of all of it.

now it's an emergency - and if it takes as long as stated, they cannot possibly get it done in time - and everyone who sells there must help pay. unless i sold a LOT of content through ounique, i'd be moving to another broker.

Well they said they've been working day and night ( literally ) to get stuff done so maybe they're not being to rashional and sending runon emails? Poor guys. This is tough on all of us.

I think whomever is doing the programming for content deal is suspect here.. it sounds pretty shady and anyone can make an access database in an hour with photos and cross reference... access walks you through it!

my .ooooo2 cents
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

JustMe
    Greetings:

OK, so Ounique has some bills, and they want their clients to pay them?

Guess what everyone, I have bills too. Anyone want to pay for my hosting this month? How about the content that I bought? Who wants to pay my designer for me? Oh, here's a good one, who wants to pay my ATTORNEY BILLS!

This is bull, and I'd tell Ounique to go to hell if I were a content producer.

You'd think that they'd be embarrased to come forward asking their CLIENTS to pay for programming like this? I mean, isn't this why OUNIQUE TAKES SOMETHING LIKE 50% OF ALL SALES FROM THEIR CLIENTS TO BEGIN WITH?

Some companies in this industry amaze me.....

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe
    You'd think that they'd be embarrased to come forward asking their CLIENTS to pay for programming like this? I mean, isn't this why OUNIQUE TAKES SOMETHING LIKE 50% OF ALL SALES FROM THEIR CLIENTS TO BEGIN WITH?

Some companies in this industry amaze me.....
    Wow they take 50% from the guys making the content for them? Is that an industry standard? Glad I don't sell my stuff!
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    yes, they take 50% of a declining fee as they whore out your content on special promotion cd combos for $179 containing 5000 images...(only a hypothetical example but similar to deals they run)

So if we are donating our 50% to "help pay for their programming" what are they doing with their 50%?

I wonder if it is going to the programmers too!

:joker: