Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trojan sex report blasts Gays as startingly irresponsible in lack of condom use

Trojan sex report blasts Gays as startingly irresponsible in lack of condom use

I went to the Trojon.com website today to research them as a prospective affililiate and was shocked at their "newsroom" report blasting the Gay community for irresponsible sexual practices and basically blaming us for the spread of AIDS/HIV and STDS. Here is the report

Here are some quotes from the report:

"The second annual national survey of sexual health attitudes of men and women 18-24, conducted for Trojan? brand Condoms by StrategyOne, shows that gay men are more likely to say they believe that HIV can be easily treated with medication (51 percent) – a stark contrast to women (24 percent) and straight men (27 percent). "

"Despite research showing that sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and HIV/AIDS can be transmitted through unprotected oral sex , 18-24 year old gay men see it as far less dangerous than women and straight men. According to the 2005 Trojan® Sexual Health Monitor, while most women (82 percent) and six in 10 straight men (60 percent) believe unprotected oral sex carries a high risk, an alarmingly low number (45 percent) of gay men believe it is a risky behavior, and only seven percent say they use a condom during oral sex. "

"While gay men say they understand the risks associated with unprotected anal sex, this group admits to doing an inadequate job of protecting themselves. The overwhelming majority (81 percent) say they are concerned about sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and HIV/AIDS, and almost all (97 percent) believe unprotected anal sex carries a high risk of transmission. But their belief and their behavior are two vastly different things, with barely half (51 percent) claiming they always or often use a condom during anal sex. And startlingly, one in five (22 percent) respondents say they never or rarely use a condom. "

On behalf of Trojan?, StrategyOne conducted a quantitative online study among 2506 young adults aged 18 to 24

What do you guys think of these claims? After reading the full report it's clear they are saying Gay men are irresponsible sexually, how do you feel about this? Do you think that A) an online study is accurate and B) that they really know the age of the respondants?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

robin
    Hmm OK I'm not going to get into a huge debate or analysis of this "report" but basically its a marketing press release in order to sell more of their new Trojan Mint Tingle.

Start with a shocking headline, present the shocking facts and offer a solution...

Is trojan seeing flat sales from gay men -- maybe gay men prefer durex?

The data is skewed in favour of their claims/position by them using 18-24 year olds.

Those are my thoughts anyway. Now if you'll all excuse me I've got to go and have some sex -- I'll be wearing durex. :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by robin
    Those are my thoughts anyway. Now if you'll all excuse me I've got to go and have some sex -- I'll be wearing durex. :devil:
    Ha ha ha have fun!

Well, acording to the survey you aren't likely to be wearing a condom at all

I dunno.. I don't think that blasting the Gay community as being sexually irresponsible is a way to make sales, unless they're tyring to say to the straight community "Don't be like those disease ridden fags and wear a condom!". What do you think?

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    well ... that PR is not far away from the truth and can be evidenced at parties, clubs and baths.

i know plenty of guys who cruise weho, and who don't use condoms for oral - a bunch of my friends tell me they don't brush their teeth or eat anything crunchy before they go out to make it less likely hiv can enter their bloodstream :-/

JustMe
    Well, let's see what the doctors have to say:

Oral sex is considered a low-risk sexual activity. The chances of contracting HIV from it are considered "very, very, very, very, very low" (Dr. Jeffrey Klausner, Director of San Francisco's STD Prevention Unit). However, "other STDs, like syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia and herpes, are definitely transmitted through oral sex" (Dr. Jeffrey Klausner).

TIP: Doctors suggest not brushing your teeth at least an hour before engaging in oral sex. Brushing your teeth creates micro-cuts in your gums, which COULD increase the risk of transmission of STDs.
    Also, I'm in a 7 year monogomous relationship. If they polled people like me and my partner about condom use, we'd also skew their numbers. Wonder if they factored that in?

I don't know anyone, male or female, Gay or straight, that use condoms for oral sex. I think they just want to sell their product through fear.. the same way our government sells us on war :uhoh:

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

i know people who use condoms for oral sex. and i know PLENTY of people who don't use condoms at all...

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar
    Ok, I got to step in here and make a comment. On September 15th, 2003 I tested positive for HIV. I contracted it from unprotected oral sex. And no I didn't swallow. While it might be rare, it can happen, and anyone who tells you different is flat wrong. If you put another mans raw dick in your mouth you are putting yourself at risk. End of story. What Trojon's motives behind that story are is beyond me, but their information about the dangers of unprotected oral sex are correct.

damn, Tristin - i'm sorry to hear that happened to you

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar
    ah lifes a bitch, what can you do? It happened 2 years ago so I have had plenty of time to get over it. It's just that when I hear people say unprotected oral sex is no big deal, it just reminds me of myself 2 years ago. Because that was my attitude as well. It's like they say on the news sometimes, "Only 1 in 10 people are effected by blaa blaa blaa. People automatically focus on the 9 people who aren't effected and say big deal. No one seems to remember the 1. Point is it's risky, people should be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristin
    ah lifes a bitch, what can you do? It happened 2 years ago so I have had plenty of time to get over it. It's just that when I hear people say unprotected oral sex is no big deal, it just reminds me of myself 2 years ago. Because that was my attitude as well. It's like they say on the news sometimes, "Only 1 in 10 people are effected by blaa blaa blaa. People automatically focus on the 9 people who aren't effected and say big deal. No one seems to remember the 1. Point is it's risky, people should be careful.
    My sincerest sympathies Tristan. Damn life's a bitch sometimes! All these things we have to deal with really challenge making life enjoyable.

The CDC studies of primary infection through oral transmission show that, out of the people who contract HIV, 7.8% (8 of 102) contract it through oral sex. The CDC also states, in this same study, that no protection method is 100% effective. They also state that the number of times you have sex, and sex with people that have HIV, increase your risks. Another CDC study shows that if you're caucasion.. you have a 2/3 LESS change of getting HIV then a Hispanic or African American.

Like I said... I don't know anyone, Gay or straight, male or female, that wear condoms for oral sex. Anyone having sex, even if they use protection, is at risk according to the CDC so what is society to do?

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Camper than a row of tents
    I recall reading on the CDC website some time ago that there were only 2 known cases of oral infection. I always thought that was total BS.

handjobs and mutual masturbation? playing with someone all over with feathers and fur and finishing them with a vibrator?

or there's always charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt
    Like I said... I don't know anyone, Gay or straight, male or female, that wear condoms for oral sex. Anyone having sex, even if they use protection, is at risk according to the CDC so what is society to do?

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    or there's always charlie
    Helllooo charlie!

Shoot! Is it because I'm hetro? .. dunno .. but I have never taken a lover in the past 20 years, who wasn't reqired to do 2 sets of blood work before they got near my special parts without protection.

And it's just the gay community that makes poor choices when it comes to sexual safety. I don't know how many times I've talked with femsubs who throw caution to the wind and do what ever the Dom du jour orders..
    But but Madame . .. he told me to suck his dick. :nowords:

Idiots! These are the same ppl that have a HUGE collection of sex toys packed and ready to use.