Thread: We need to pay our programmers...

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar

We need to pay our programmers...

I'm thinking of sending out this letter to our affiliates.....

Dear Affiliates,

As you know 2257 changes have recently been published, with an effective date of June 23rd, 2005.

We have contracted with a team of programmers to complete integration of our information and coding required for compliance of this new set of regulations. It will take over 2045 hours to complete this integration.

We are asking our affiliates therefore, to forgo their affiliate checks from us until this is done so we can pay our programmers. We are asking for 100% cooperation from our affiliate webmasters so please fax in your acceptance of this arrangement by tomorrow. We hope to keep all of our affiliates and hope that failure to allow us to enter this agreement with our programmers will not result in your sites no longer being allowed on our network.

While we know this is a lot to ask, you have nothing to worry about as these programmers are not presently our affiliates so they won't be taking any traffic away from you and are only going to promote our sites on their own adult websites.

Thank you for your understanding, and thank you for helping us out in this time of need.

All the best.

Tom
    IPO Entertainment, Inc.

:wacko:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Well shit, there goes my idea to have everyone on GWW pay for it LOL

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    This is an extreme situation, I think your request is somewhat reasonable. I wouldn't be happy about it, but sometimes shit happens. I would remove this line, it sounds like a threat:

"We hope to keep all of our affiliates and hope that failure to allow us to enter this agreement with our programmers will not result in your sites no longer being allowed on our network."

I'm just wondering why you're giving webmasters the choice when really they don't have the choice. You need the money to do this, period. If it doesn't get done, you're out of business until it is done.

You'll likely take flack about this, but you'll catch hell no matter which way you go, so ...

Cheers
    dzinerbear

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I think that was actually a parody of Ounique's request that its content providers allow licensing of their content for free to the programmers building the Ounique database...

Dzinerbear
    Ah well look at stupid ole me ... oh well, 13 straight days of humidex warnings, smog alerts, and killer heatwave will do that to a brain.

as Emily Letella said, "Never mind."

dzinerbear

robin
    It does look like a parody... He's even got a crazy person smilie...

Hmmm well if its not I've already cashed my check days ago and I don't think I have any commissions due right now. Plus I don't have a fax machine.

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Yep, Just havin a lil fun....!!!

gotta keep things light once in a while..

Tom