Thread: what do you look for in a host.....?

H2ohNeil

I Wonder? what do you look for in a host.....?

Hello All,

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I look forward to participating in discussions and helping out where I can. If anyone ever needs anything please don't hesitate to contact me and I'll do my best to help out. I've been working closely lately with customers and am interested to find out what you look for in a host and what's the most important facet to choosing and staying with a hosting provider. As we look to develop towards the future, input from existing customers and those in the business for many years is always helpful.

Regards,
    Neil.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quick support ticket response times

I dont think ive had to wait longer than 5 minutes in the last 2 years with Nat Net, being an impatient fucker, thats a good thing too

Regards,

Lee

Fetishlady
    if possible a 99% uptime..

AusCoding Allan
    This may sound obvious but as a programming company we look for hosts that are willing to go the extra mile. Often scripts require a little bit of fiddling around on the server or an upgrade of the current mySQL version.

We use and reccommend hosts to our customers where we know that the host is willing to come to the party with installation requirements and do so in a timely fashion.

Above all else uptime is important and as the industry standard is 99.99% we prefer 100% (excluding scheduled maintenance of course).

and if all that isn't enough we want our hosts to do this for a reasonable price.

Cheers,

Allan