Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2257 Casulty

Dzinerbear

2257 Casulty

I was just looking at this bondage magazine's site in conjunction with another thread and discovered that they're actually going to shut down June 22 ... too bad.

http://www.boundandgagged.com/

dzinerbear

JustMe
    Greetings:

Hrm... I can't help but wonder if they weren't planning on, or at least thinking about, shutting down anyway, and are just using 2257 as the perfect exit? They did mention that they've been barely break even.

Seems like it's a bit early in the game just to pack everything up and head for the hills?

I mean, if there's an injunction granted for example, before the deadline, they kind of closed up shop for no reason.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    It’s really too bad to see them close. They are really the nicest guys with a great magazine and some hot movies. :hmmph:
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

Dart
    I for one am VERY sad about it. Bound and Gagged gave me my start in the biz!

Dart

Dzinerbear
    Just Me, don't forget there are a lot of people in this business who don't visit boards or subscribe to AVN Online or what-have-you. So perhaps they don't know a restraining order is possible. Shit, I was talking to a pretty large player in the business today, and they said, "Oh yeah, we just started looking into that this week." So I think people are all over the map.

Cheers
    dzinerbear

tyrain
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    I was talking to a pretty large player in the business today, and they said, "Oh yeah, we just started looking into that this week." So I think people are all over the map.
    I have also been wondering about the countless webmasters that may not be aware of what is happening.

What a shame about boundandgagged. That publication and then later website has been around for a long time. Perhaps JustMe's comment is closer to the truth, with Wingate deciding to move on. Then again, who would have imagined that images since 1995 of 30 and 40 year olds would insanely require proof of age. His website certainly would be a possible first target for the religiously controlled government.

Oh well. Somewhere I think I have a few low-numbered BoundandGagged magazines that will now become true collection items.

Very sad news. Thanks for sharing Dzinerbear

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    I can't really blame them for this move. They would probably be a great target for the newly created Obscenity task force. Maybe they got some inside information from an attorney or just saw the writing on the wall. 2257 and the Obscenity task force are a big 1 - 2 punch for sites like Bound and Gagged.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

Dart
    Well with all due respect HuskyHunks, how so?

Bondage is only concerned OBSCENE if it depicts "rape". . .which the majority of the pics featured on B & G do not (many of the tied up models are solo).

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    This is a huge deal for me. I heard about this a couple of days ago. Even though some of the pics could be considered "simulated" rape, they are consenting adults and consenting adults should be able to simulate rape if that's what floats their boat.

Obscenity is nothing more than "thought" police in action. It's totally subjective and wreaks of the 1984 fascist mentality.

The problem is, not everyone is as open minded as I am. The government has been able to prosecute things as lame as dirty underwear and urination as obscene in the past. I'm hoping that things don't come to that again.

I'm trying to find a silver lining in all this but the truth is, there really isn't one. Worrying about all this shit takes it's toll. Maybe the owner just got tired of this government's bullshit fucked up attitude toward adult content.

Ahh, there I said it, I feel better now :whip:
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

I'll tell you, Dart, I think huskyhunks is right.

All they have to do is report the name "Bound and Gagged" and the average person is going to just shrug and say "Well, thank God THAT stuff is gone". They don't have a chance.

I took my site Gayskin.net down about a month back. I had a small community of regulars who'd come and post on boards and I made a modest income from it, but I never really made much.. it was a labour of love, and I just figured that with all the worry I'd have from the content, I wouldn't love it much anymore.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

I hope they remember to take all the content off the server.. if they don't by the 23rd.. then it's still considered on the net.. even in a members area
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

allboysvideo

Obsenity Task Force

Huskyhunks is correct...its not only the 2257 but also the new task force the government has formed...they will be looking at:

Bondage
    S&M
    Piss
    Scatt
    Barebacking
    Incest
    Rape
    Fisting
    Underage
    ETC............

If you were curious about the reach, or higherachy of the D..O*J.. take a looksy

Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

tyrain
    As per 2257... I had some bondage galleries and have removed them. I have model contracts but never copied photo ID since the content was with pure adult. As I read the law... just touching your cock is SEXUAL.

Bondage being available would fully invite a full inspection.

I am like others... in shock and making needed changes. I personally will not 100% on the 24th. Being a small webmaster, with purchased content and some primary produced... I will continue my efforts.

But BONDAGE is now history. Too many other galleries to contend with the index-cross reference. The USA government was won this battle.

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

Yes it is sad...in the USA

I have changed my index page to this...I know it is only a statement but you have start some where...

http://www.hotgaycouple.com/index.htm

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com