Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G.W Bush In His 3rd Term Next Election Day?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

G.W Bush In His 3rd Term Next Election Day?

Could be possible if this bill gets passed:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/...H.J.RES.24.IH:

Scary stuff, allow the same guy to be president as long as he is alive

Regards,

Lee

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    I hate to say it, but there's enough idiots in this country that would elect him again. I could stomach the first term. This second term sucks bigtime. I wouldn't stay for the third.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

Just which part of history class did those idiots miss where it tells about all the lives lost and wars fought to wrestle this nation AWAY from a monarchy????????

Soonnow

On the other hand...

Why shouldn't the people be allowed to elect the best man for the job ?
    - if they're convinced this moron IS the best, why settle for less ?

This has NOTHING to do with monarchy - Monarchs are born rulers.

desslock
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Could be possible if this bill gets passed:
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/...H.J.RES.24.IH:
    Scary stuff, allow the same guy to be president as long as he is alive
    Regards, Lee
    Interesting -- The author of that is Rep Steny Hoyer --- who is the second ranking Democrat House leader.

Steve

Xstr8guy
    I say, BRING IT ON! I would love to see Bill Clinton in a 3rd term!

Can you imagine Bill and George in a debate? Bill would absolutely shred GW!

desslock
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonnow
    Why shouldn't the people be allowed to elect the best man for the job ? - if they're convinced this moron IS the best, why settle for less ?
    This has NOTHING to do with monarchy - Monarchs are born rulers.
    Soonnow -
    Well the US amended the constitution to limit its President to two terms in 1947 --- two years after Franklin D Roosevelt died in office. Essentially, that happened because FDR was elected to four consecutive terms, and it was widely felt that the only way they could ever get him out of the White House was when he died.

As soon as he died, legislators who felt that his length in office brought him too much executive power put the wheels in motion on the twenty second amendment. And got the 2/3's needed in the Senate easily enough because FDR has angered most of them over the past fourteen years from his ploy to pack the Supreme Court.

Roosevelt's successor, Harry Truman, barely won election in 1948, and by the fifties the country was ready to drop the Democrat's New Deal ideas of the 1930s by overwhelmingly electing Republican Dwight D Eisenhower to two consecutive terms.

Steve

Soonnow
    Yes... I can see the problem in THE PEOPLE keeping electing som likable fellow, even if he's no good - like Reagan - He'd been elected, alzheimer or not...

Guess you'll just have to take some of the powers away from the White House
    - like declaring war in a fit of rage...

Presidential polls have shown that Bush is not doing his job as the majority of Americans see it ( excluding Fox polls of course.. for som odd reason they don't coincide with any other national reports )

Low polls coupled with the Downing Street memo pretty much assure that even IF he was allowed to be re-elected... he wouldn't. He's evil :devil:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy

Oh he would.. he would have him on the rails in about 5mintues.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

dannyz
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy

You forget how sneaky those republicans are, Bill may win the popular vote but we all know how gullible most Americans are. Polls don't mean shit. Allowing George (or even Jeb) another chance equals a monarchy, that is not what the country was meant to be founded on.

George Bush Sr., George Bush Jr., and if he can't get a 3rd term we'll have Jeb Bush??? James Madison and the other founding fathers must be rolling in their graves.

this is insane...oh well, the american people get what they vote for!

cheers,
    Luke

Camper than a row of tents
    It could work both ways.

The fact of the matter is that Bill Clinton would still be president today if he could have continued to run.

He was the first president since Nixon (and Eisenhower before him) to win based solely on his own merits and not just a likability factor.

As soon as one of those types of people steps up, it's a slam dunk presidential win.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 26z
    It could work both ways.

The fact of the matter is that Bill Clinton would still be president today if he could have continued to run.

He was the first president since Nixon (and Eisenhower before him) to win based solely on his own merits and not just a likability factor.

As soon as one of those types of people steps up, it's a slam dunk presidential win.

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton :groovy:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost
    this is insane...oh well, the american people get what they vote for!

cheers,
    Luke
    No - we don't ... you'll never convince me Bush took the Ohio vote this past election.