Thread: I don't want your traffic..I have too much!

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar

I don't want your traffic..I have too much!

Have any of you ever had people request you to remove your link to their site because they have too much traffic?

We just got an email from a website that we listed in our gay asian directory, gayrice.com, requesting we take down our link to him as he has too much traffic and doesn't want to pay the hosting bill for increased traffic.

I'm certain then he must take his website, which is posted as a business website, as a hobby and not intending on using the traffic from it to increase his business...

Perhaps he does not see the tie in from targeted niche traffic in the niche he is in, to increased customers, branding, and potential sales?

I just found it rather odd because most of us spend much of our time trying to build traffic.

Strange... but I am sure that more wise voices on the board will share their insights that will help me see the other side of this coin...

Thanks in advance.

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar
    Thats weird ! Never heard or come across that ever before. As you say it must be hobby and an el cheapo hosting acocunt with little bandwidth allowance.

Introducing Amateurs Do It - Your Next Big Seller in 2015 - AmateursDoIt.com
    WOW Media Cash affiliate program for AmateursDoIt.com & WankOffWorld.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Send his traffic to CumSoda instead then Tom

Regards,

Lee

natalie

I say what an idiot

Fetishlady
    i think that person is weird..he doesn't want traffic..LOL

Dzinerbear
    Well looking at his site, he's sure not using banners or affilitate text link to his advantage, so I don't think he's in this to make money. And his adult button, he just sends all the traffic to an Asian paysite with no affiliate code in the link.

dzinerbear

JustBryce
    Hey Tom,

It's crazy isn't it? I almost pissed my pants the first time it happened. A guy wrote us complaining that we had crashed his server with the traffic from our list and begged us to remove him. That was a couple of years ago now, but they still pop up every few weeks. Now it mostly people on virtual accounts with capped bandwidth. We've got quite a list of guys and got them mostly weeded out now...I think... but here was a funny one last week:

Hello:

I am not a member of your site and you are not one of mine, but I need to request your help. You recently linked to our site and we have had a tremendous amout of traffic from your site to ours. We respectfully request that you please remove any reference to our site: ***.***.***. Thank you for your time.

-- they didn't say why or anything... just a very nice please remove our site, . Things that make you go hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    Well looking at his site, he's sure not using banners or affilitate text link to his advantage, so I don't think he's in this to make money. And his adult button, he just sends all the traffic to an Asian paysite with no affiliate code in the link.

dzinerbear
    Um, I did not list the site....that we were sending traffic to... I listed OUR site, gayrice.com and the asian paysite I own, and all of the main navigation links on this site lead to sites that i own. I am using the traffic to my advantage...

My reference was to a link from OUR site to HIS..a website that i did not provide in the post.

And I certainly am in this to make money..thats why we generate the traffic on this site to harvest it and send it to sites that i own or control.

Tom

Dzinerbear
    gottcha ... I was confused ... seems to be happening a lot this week. Good thing I start a week's vacation at 4 pm today.

dzinerbear

robin
    Can I have some of this traffic too please! I will gladly accept any and all of this free traffic that these ppl don't want. Maybe then I won't have to think up crazy stuff to get traffic.

The really sad part about it was his email was a preemptive strike. it's not like we were overwhelming him with traffic on our own ... although I sure wish that were true... He had just received our email telling him we had added his link to our directory when he made the request to have this link removed for the reasons mentioned above.

agaysex
    Very strange situation with gayrice. Usually website owners interested to get maximum traffic as it possibly.

It possibly what somebody trying to cheat him, sending emails to webmaster@[xxxx] by his site listings.

Anyway - I sended email to this site owner, asking him want to sell site?

Umm, you misread the post, Tom owns the gayrice - he never said what site asked that their site be removed from his link list.

Quote Originally Posted by agaysex
    Very strange situation with gayrice. Usually website owners interested to get maximum traffic as it possibly.

It possibly what somebody trying to cheat him, sending emails to webmaster@[xxxx] by his site listings.

Anyway - I sended email to this site owner, asking him want to sell site?
    I think you misunderstood my post

The complaint came FROM another website we listed on gayrice.com
    Who said HIS site was getting TOO MUCH traffic and requesting us to
    Take down our link TO him.

Gayrice.com has no problems and is doing very well thank you with more
    That 5600 unique visitors per day,

And no we are not interested in selling the website.