Thread: Those Of You Who Went To The San Diego Cybernet..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Those Of You Who Went To The San Diego Cybernet..

How was the show?

We're considering attending next years show but want to hear about some of the stuff they had going on at this show before we commit.

How did you find the seminars? Were there any new companies there? All the good stuff that we need to know in order to make a solid business decision.

If the same companies / individuals in San Diego can be found in Florida, Phoenix or Vegas it probably wont be worth our time attending.

Regards,

Lee

Madame0120
    Just got back Home! 22 hours from SD to N Texas with a bit of visiting along the way. What a great road trip, even with the 200 mile E Ride through the mts of AZ!

Oh The Show :dunce:

For us it was excellent show, but we can say that about the 3 before it too. From our experience there is something to be gained at any for- the- trade show we attend and Cybernet Expo was no exception.

I was so pleased to be invited to represent our less than year old web company, BlueToon Media at the newbie seminar. I was very honored to sit w/ some of the most talented and honest folks in this industry. Not to mention Y Not Bob is a hottie!

As always, there were some comments about the quality and usefulness of seminars at adult industry events. Personally I don't think it's realistic to actually *teach* anyone much about this complex business in just one hour. Those who used the seminars to get a foot in the door for better networking opportunities, came away with the most important factor for success in the adult web industry.

A small example of what can happen when you show up. One afternoon as I was rushing to a seminar when a reporter from Wired Magazine asked for a few minutes of my time. Those scant 5 minutes sent BTM over 1,300 hits on the day was published and is still sending more traffic daily, than it sees in a week. http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,67855,00.html

It was a well run show by LAJ and crew that would have been a great choice for any serious webmaster who’s looking to do some serious business. San Diego is on our short list for sure! :thumbsup:

Anyway, don’t know if that answers your question :love: but I will say I sure missed hanging out with the gay crowd! Thank heavens Don Mike was there, or I would have been reduced to tears!

Quote Originally Posted by Madame0120
    A small example of what can happen when you show up. One afternoon as I was rushing to a seminar when a reporter from Wired Magazine asked for a few minutes of my time. Those scant 5 minutes sent BTM over 1,300 hits on the day was published and is still sending more traffic daily, than it sees in a week. http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,67855,00.html
    I read that article online, noticed your name, and posted about it here online. http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=10502

I didn't know if you were speaking to a group and they wrote about it.. or if they interviewed you... glad to know now they interviewed you and it wasn't a surprise to know the world knew what you said LOL
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Madame0120
    but I will say I sure missed hanging out with the gay crowd! Thank heavens Don Mike was there, or I would have been reduced to tears!
    You just addressed my concerns perfectly in that one paragraph :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

Madame0120
    Lee said:
    You just addressed my concerns perfectly in that one paragraph :thumbsup:

I still got to meet and network with many vendors that produce gay content, and I believe that anyone could have made some great deals if gay is your market. I did.

What I was trying to get across was, I missed seeing all the tasty boys (over the age of consent) that have always been in attendence at the shows. Yaknow Madame likes her eye-candy!

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt
    I didn't know if you were speaking to a group and they wrote about it.. or if they interviewed you... glad to know now they interviewed you and it wasn't a surprise to know the world knew what you said LOL
    LOL oh no .. the Press were very poliet. And knowing the folks that ran this show I wouldn't have expected anything less.

I suppose it was a surprise when I realized just who was interviewing me. Not being a "techie" the name Wired didn't really compute right away. I had a moment of .. should I or shouldn't I- but refused to let my paranoia overshadow doing what is right for our business. We run a legal and hopefully compliant biz and are proud of the way we handle the ever changing issues of the legal adult entertainment industry.

Most important to me, roy was pleased ... so anything else is gravy.