Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paranoid moment. . .

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    Yeah, I added a tiny bit of color. LOL. The tips were great and I'm still making tweaks here and there. In general the site is performing a bit better overall since then. So there's some proof that the advice here works.

My weakness is traffic in volume. I mostly go the route of very carefully crafted ppc as opposed to lots of tgp/free traffic, etc. That's not to say I'd do any better, but don't we all want more and more.

i don't recall that your logo showed dick - did it? it's true that in some places bondage is not legal, but l.a. isn't one of them. bondage is legal here, and your logo isn't even a photograph, so it seems to me you should be okay.

i ran into problems with a lot of printers when we were doing print ads. i finally started calling and asking if they printed light adult material before wasting my time going to each printer. i'd say 2/3's weren't comfortable with it.

we have a couple printers in our adult world. maybe best to go to them for business cards, or just ask our local angelenos who did their cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dart
    . . .ok guys, bear with me. It's midnight here and I can't sleep cause Im certain the sky IS falling now. . .

As some of you remember, I shared with you all our new logo designed for my site, BearBound.com. Well, today my business partner in L.A. attempted to have THAT logo put on our new business cards, and the owner of the business contacted him this afternoon refusing the order. He had apparently checked out the site and decided the content. . .and therefore the LOGO. . .was obscene.

I am really contemplating whether any of this is truly worth it. While I certainly understand that the images of tied-up bear men is a very unique niche and would not appeal to many (I find it delicious myself), I have never found what we do to be outright "obscene". Particulary since almost all of our models are solo and a great majority of them are clothed.

The stories I have read about and the posts I have seen on here are finally getting to me. While Im proud to say that BearBound.com is COMPLETELY compliant with the new 2257 regs as of this week , I am just simply too afraid that our material is going to send us to prison as a violation of the obscenity rules.

If anyone can shed some light or give advice to my paranoia, I'd appreciate it. And thanks for allowing me this "chicken little" moment!

Leathermen can be such drama queens. . .

Dart

robin
    Surely there must be a printer in TO who would print your logo. Maybe you could ask someone at xtra magazine or the stagshop who does their card printing or recommendations.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart
    my site, BearBound.com.

Holy cow, some of those guys on your site are fucking Hot
    nice job casting your models :thumbsup:

Dart
    Well thanks Marc! And my intention is to KEEP it that way

Appreciate the compliment,

Dart

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

If...

you keep your ass our of jail long enought to do more. Don't hold your breath... Crossing my fingers for you and of course all of us in this new era of the "land of the free.".

Sad times indeed for free speech and expression (unless you happen to express the views of BUSH)!

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

Dart
    and what exactly DID you mean by that comment? Are you saying my stuff's illegal?

Dart

I rented an office here and the contract was cancelled once the "church lady" office manager found I was in the adult industry. How did she find out? She was asking everyone coming to my office what the purpose of their visit was... LOL go figure.

Now I have a new office where they do all inverviews for me!

So I guess my point is.. choose your battles. Because some uptight closeted church guy with a shitty wedgy up his ass was intrusive enough to stick his nose in your business doesn't mean you have to counter strike.... unless you want to.

You've spent enough time, and negative energy, on it today.. let it go and find a new printer.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

Not me...

Who am I to say...tha't the point. Only Bush and his Bible buddies can say...

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com