Thread: Adult Ads on Gay.com

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar

Adult Ads on Gay.com

found this on gay.com tonight. seems gay.com is taking adult
    advertising after all...

Wonder what they are charging for this?

JustMe
    Greetings:

I know they've been running Randy Blue ads for a looong time now too, but I think they had some sort of relationship that went beyond just an ad buy.

I can't imagine this would be cheap.

yeah Randy's site was included in their after dark section..or whatever they are callling it where they promote several niches or genres in teh gay adult market as a special section of gay.com.

We were approached for the asian segment, and had some lenghty phone conversations with them on it.... and then nothing... they stopped calling and no longer took my calls...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Doesnt Randy have something to do directly with their adult section? From what i heard, he runs it for them.

Regards,

Lee

I was in previous conversations with someone i believe was named Scott..but it was 6 months ago and the memos are on my desk back in LA...

It certainly would make sense for them to use somebody knowledgeable in this industry to run that for them, and he seems to me to be a good choice for that type of challenge...

princess
    Have you contacted them to see just how much it does cost?

yes, and i am up to inquiry number 4 now without response from them.

neags78805
    As a subscriber to gay.com Premium, RandyBlue is one of the content providers by large. But, to get to his site from gay.com even with the free 24 hour pass you get when signing up to premiums does require signing up to the RandyBlue site and paying that price. Doesn't sound like much of a free of a 24 hour pass to me. :goof:

I have seen other adult sites listed, not to mention them, that I have written down and one of these days I'll check them out by typing in the URL, not clicking on an ad from gay.com

Not sure what the arrangement is there since most of the guys that use gay.com are there using it for free. I doubt there is much conversion there with that traffic. Just my thoughts. Maybe it works for him, maybe it doesn't??? :notsure: