Thread: Semantics question

Dart

Semantics question

So after finishing the full 2257 document and getting our site in full compliance, there is ONE question I have about the wording. . .

. . .regarding the difference between "actual" sexual depiction and "simulated" sexual depiction. . both are referred to in the visual sense when it comes to documentation. What exactly is meant by simulated?? And the hell would the DOJ know the difference??

If anyone can explain that one to me I'd appreciate it. . .

Dart

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Hey Dart,

Nice to see you around. Hope all is well with you.

(disclaimer, I'm not a lawyer, this is not legal advice, this is me reporting what I heard to the best of my ability, yadda yadda yadda)

According to the lawyers on the 2257 panel discussion at Cybernet, if the photos in question show the models actually performing a sexual act, regardless of if you can see the act in the photo, then it is considered lewd or whatever vague word they use to describe it. If the models are actually faking the act then the photo is considered simulated. How do they know? If you have a photo of Model A sucking off Model B but you can only see the back of Model A's head, and no actual contact, and you call it simulated, but there is another photo in your archive from the same shoot where the models are shown actually performing a blow job, then the photo you said was simulated will be held in violation.

Now isn't that just lovely? :bomb:
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Matt D
    This is a tricky issue because most hardcore photoshoots involve simulated sex. Even when there's a penetration shot, they're not actually fucking, they're posing. Often, when you can't see the penetration shot, they're not doing anything at all. So a hardcore photo set could include a mix of "actual" and simulated depictions.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt D
    This is a tricky issue because most hardcore photoshoots involve simulated sex. Even when there's a penetration shot, they're not actually fucking, they're posing. Often, when you can't see the penetration shot, they're not doing anything at all. So a hardcore photo set could include a mix of "actual" and simulated depictions.
    Yes, but if you have a simulated photo matched up with actual hardcore video it's your word against thiers. Who do you think is gonna win?
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

I agree Don, I think all hardcore photos will be treated as actual and not simulated, and its prolly safest to do the same yourself.

cheers,
    Luke