Thread: Get me Out of this Chickensh*t operation.

the queerest straight girl in the world...

Get me Out of this Chickensh*t operation.

Ok - I am ranting.... but I need some emotional support or I am going to kill someone.

I work for a bunch of muscle sites, and have been for a year. I was hired to do search engine marketing - but over the year my job has evolved into site management. I update the sites, occasionally build graphics, hire people, install software, answer email - I do everything EXCEPT content and design (though I am capable of doing design as necessary - and have had to do it quite a bit of it - and I am pretty good at it....).

By the way - I have over 10 years into this industry - with a more than excellent track record.

I have doubled the sales on one site, I have brought thier flagship up from declining and failing sales back to the point of it's 2001 heyday. Traffic has increased from @ 1k of vistors a day per site to an average of @ 8k per site.

Recently, these guys lost thier merchant account. During the switchover, they lost @ 20-30% of thier client base, and somehow all the usernames got deleted. I have spent the last 6 weeks answering hundreds of emails a day. In the midst of this, the guy who hires me has a nervous breakdown and quits.... leaving me in the hands of someone who doesn't know or understand why search engines can't read jpg files.

It has been a bloody nightmare of 60 and 70 hour work weeks, 50% pay cuts, and me - holding solo responsibility for the sites.

So, this weekend, I finally escape to Rome. I wake up in the morning and stupidly check my email. I get a letter - "After we have paid you THOUSANDS of dollars, why dont we show up under 'muscle webcam'?"

I rush home in order to discover.... google danced, and we appear on page one, position 3 and position 4 under this term. As a matter of fact, every single selected keyword brings up at least ONE of my sites on either page 1 or page 2. However, this guy demands that all FIVE sites rank #1 under all 50 keywords. The impossiblilty of that proposition notwithstanding.

I write a letter, detailing what I actually DO for my salary - to be told "I never asked you to answer the email. Answering the email doesnt matter. I want you to pay attention to marketing and sales. I don't CARE what jobs you were given.... "

So, it is clear I have not been paid to think, and may not be paid to think in the future. The idea of the number of cancellations we would have had if I had not answered the email - lost. The notion that I have increased sales by 100% - lost. The notion that the loss of the merchant account and the LOUSY conversion ratio's for the traffic in - not heard. The constant recommendation that we come into 2257 compliance - not my business. The idea of jail terms for want of a drivers liscense seems to be lost on this guy!

SO - anyone out there want my resume???? I have 20 years in adult, including working for penthouse, hustler, et al. I have 10 years in adult online, beginning with subcontracting with the aforementioned, owning a big niche site, and managing these sites - which were grossing 120k.

I hate to bitch about stupid site owners.... but I really really really need to get out of this situation before I slap someone!

Thanks for listening!!!!

Shaun

i hope you DO get out of there - you do FAR too much work with those sites to be abused! since i met you on icq, the one guy is always accusing you of doing nothing - even though you work all the time.

You're definitely under appreciated. If you were to do half of that for me, I'd worship the ground you walked on!

Tell me about it.

I gotta tell you BassChick, when I rushed home from Rome to discover that I had positions 3 and 4 on page 1 - I was so angry I actually did a girly thing and burst into tears! Eeewwwwwww. I am NOT a girly girl!

When I informed him of our actual placement... I recieved a snot-o-gram on an entirely different matter!

Not that I was actually expecting an "oh my gosh - I am so sorry - you DO do your job, and you do it exceptionally well..... my mistake, mia colpa, thanks for all your hard work on my behalf while we have been in the hospital with mental illness and health problems for the last 2 months....."

But it would have been nice.

GRRRRRRRRR~!

Hi MWcren...

At this point I think I am for sale cheap. I gotta get outta this.... it's bad for my mental health.

So - if you know anyone who needs a great site manager, please let me know.

At this point, I think I want to take a few small clients part time, until I find one or two sites that are a perfect fit together.

And thanks... just talking about it with people who have a clue as to my job helps!

I'm not Gay...Not that there's anything wrong with that.... EmporerEJ's Avatar
    Political subdivision United States, Continent North America, Planet Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun
    Hi MWcren...

At this point I think I am for sale cheap. I gotta get outta this.... it's bad for my mental health.

At this point, I think I want to take a few small clients part time, until I find one or two sites that are a perfect fit together.

And thanks... just talking about it with people who have a clue as to my job helps!
    We have no Gay department right now and we want to change that.
    If you start doing freelance, let me know.

Eric J. White
    VirtualSexMachine.com

Quote Originally Posted by shaun
    Hi MWcren...

I just happen to be looking for someone to help with my expansion at this VERY moment. Shoot an email to info@squirtit.com with some references and contact info. :groovy:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com