Thread: Anyone Have Laminate Flooring + A Dog?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Anyone Have Laminate Flooring + A Dog?

We're looking at getting some new laminate flooring put in the house sometime in the next few weeks but are concerned that the baby is going to screw it up with her claws.

Anyone here currently have laminate flooring and a dog? If so, did it get damaged and, if it did, is there an easy fix to stop it being damaged in the long term?

We dont really want to sped 5k on new flooring for the dog to ruin it within the first week LOL

Regards,

Lee

Scorpio
    I have 3 dogs with laminated flooring in the living room... their nails are clipped but they still sometimes make a few scratches here and there but nothing bad at all. I made more scratches by dropping stuff on it.

I had the same question about leather couches. We finally got ours 2 months ago and there are barely a few scratches on it.

Keep her nails trimmed and you should be fine

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Thats good then

Oh and yep, new leather furniture is going to be next on our list too LOL

Regards,

Lee

kcwebwerks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Thats good then

Oh and yep, new leather furniture is going to be next on our list too LOL

Regards,

Lee

I think if you have animals leather is the only way to go. Our three big dogs are always on the leather furnature and are always shedding and tracking dirt onto everything. White dogs, black furnature = UGH!, but a wipe with a wet dishrag and all is like new again. Wish I could say the same for the comforters on the beds....

Scorpio
    I hear you Ken! our last couches were made with fabrics i have huskies
    It was a pain in the butt... now it's easier to clean.

BDBionic
    Quote Originally Posted by kcwebwerks
    I think if you have animals leather is the only way to go.....

I was expecting you to go a much more morbid and sinister route with that opening statement...

When I built my place 3 years ago, I put hardwood floors in the main living area and laminate in the office. My golden retreiver hasn't made any marks at all in either (and I've been lax on clipping her nails!).

I also got a leather sofa when I moved in and bought the extended protection program which would cover any rips or tears. Lucy (the dog) is up on the sofa with us all the time and no problems at all!

Camper than a row of tents
    Depends on the quality of the flooring.

Ours is almost 4 years old and it still looks brand new. A few dogs, a couple cats and plenty of things dropped on it have done nothing to it. The brand on that one is Armstrong.

Take note of how it locks together. The lower quality stuff almost always snaps together while the nicer stuff glues together. That's not to say all of the glue required kinds are nice, but it's a good reference point.

I put some snap together stuff from Home Depot in the sun room, and it's okay. It's not nice, just okay. I think it's starting to bubble next to the door though because of water being tracked in.

I've also got some packages marked Pro Floor Deluxe here, but I don't know anything about it. Looks nice in the package though.

princess
    I'm still trying to get my little prince to go out side to potty. HELP!

Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by princess
    I'm still trying to get my little prince to go out side to potty. HELP!
    I remember when i had my first dog... she was such a little bitch to me!
    She woulnd't pee nor poop outside... so i had to take her, squat in front of her and do like i was peeing. After a while, she got it... but you can imagine what the neighbor thought about me I'm glad i moved out.

kcwebwerks
    Quote Originally Posted by BDBionic
    I was expecting you to go a much more morbid and sinister route with that opening statement...

Me? Sinister?? neeeeeeeeeeeeeever! I'm a little :angel: